Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, as most of us are aware, the 1.5 diesel lacks in responsiveness, pulling out of junctions sometimes scares me lol. So recently I have been speaking to a guy who professionally remaps all vehicles. He says he can remap the car, which will gain 30bhp and 50nm and remove turbo lag and any flat spots it had.

My question is has anyone else had there's done? I'm not after saving on MPG just need it to be more responsive than what it is.

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Peter, there must be something wrong with your car, Mine has ample getaway, slightly better than the 1.6 I had before..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jack, thanks for your reply, don't get me wrong it's not as bad as I probably made out but imagine approaching a round about, and it's clear to go, so I drop down into 2nd gear. There just seems no go in it till the turbo kicks in unless I double clutch it which I don't want to do. Or on a motorway and doing 60mph say, and I want to over take. Just takes a while to get up to speed, I'm enjoying the car very much so apart from that it's great for my needs, must of been spoilt I suppose from the 160bhp car I owned previously lol. Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
A lot of companies promise good things with the remap, warranty would concern me but your gains are not massive and the car should be able to cope fine.

Would be interested to hear if you go ahead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went ahead with the remap. Can confirm that, acceleration has improved a lot. No lag and at low revs pulls very smooth. Might not be writing this correctly but I'm impressed and happy with it. Feels like a new car

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks for the info Peter, what MPG do you get with the 1.5 engine ? I get 65+ but I do a lot of Motorway and there is only ever me in the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually I average around 50-55 around town, so not to bad. Even after a little heavy foot applied, lowest I've been is 46 so still not terrible. Will try to update you with new MPG from the remap.

Note: this is going off my trip computer on the dash so don't know how accurate it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Peter, there must be something wrong with your car, Mine has ample getaway, slightly better than the 1.6 I had before..
I agree with jackkook i had the 1.6 c max traded for 1.5 b max 95. it has no lag, much more nippy ok on motorways and excellent economy, 57/58 urban, not had long run yet but i would expect good mpg. no road tax is a bonus. the only thing i need to get used to is the diesel knock on tick over but it is quiet enough once you get away. Well pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.