Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a flat battery being because of a searching Bluetooth signal? Garage said it was just that I'd not used the car for 2 weeks and it's been cold. I don't use the phone and despite what the manual says can't enter the phone menu to switch off Bluetooth. I get the annoying Emergency assist can't connect message so it must be trying.

·
Registered
510 Posts
yep, I have heard of bluetooth & battery issues before, and I think there was a ford update for it.if I remember correctly, its less of an issue if you lock the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
To turn Bluetooth on/off, go to menu, then SYNC settings and move to the right. There you can tick/untick Bluetooth.However, your garage may well be correct. Your battery would be nowhere fully charged evenbefore you stopped using the car for two weeks in the cold weather. Therefore, I'm not surprised that you've got a flat battery. Just get it charged and try to use the car a bit more in the winter, not just a short journey.
I hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Modern Bluetooth technology drain in mobile phones is miniscule, accounting for around 3% battery consuption. So Bluetooth drain on a car battery is going to be negligible.

Your phone is paired to SYNC, so the car will only search for the paired device and will ignore any other device unless you add it.

My Bluetooth is never switched off on my phone.

If you are having problems pairing, then delete your phone from SYNC and start again. This has happened to me and the latter sorted it.

I think your battery problem lies elsewhere.Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
510 Posts
Willow said:
Modern Bluetooth technology drain in mobile phones is miniscule, accounting for around 3% battery consumption. So Bluetooth drain on a car battery is going to be negligible.
while bluetooth drain may be negligible, unfortunately it seems to keep other things powered up, so can be significant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts