Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , we have tried to bleed the brakes of the B max. The problem is none of the caps with the " ezibleed kit G 4062" that is supposed to fit all cars brake reservoir units, will screw down and seal, on the B max reservoir. Has anyone used a kit like this successfully, or is just left to the garages ? Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have never used an easyblead kit, a friend did once and it sprayed brake fluid over the engine and nearby bodywork. also I wouldn't be keen in trusting them with abs systems.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Heavens, it's years since I bled brakes. The procedure I remember was top up the master cylinder then bleed each wheel through its bleed valve using a clear plastic tube attached with a piece of rubber tube placed in a jam jar then top up the master cylinder again.

I don't recall needing any fancy kits, tools or air pressure. Is it all different nowadays?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I change my brake/clutch fluid exactly the same way with one way rubber tube, one man job starting with longest line first and just pump new fluid through.
Not had any probs with b-max, but Ford suggest that for vehicles with ESP, the job should be done using 'Bleedmaster'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts