Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my wife a B Max in January metallic brown with beige interior from Ford Direct. It was a year old at the end of Jan. As most are aware it rained a lot in Jan and Feb so it was difficult to stay dry if we ventured out. What has happened is the seat bases are water mark staining through having wet coats on. Contacted Ford to see if there is a problem with the seat quality and so far the only comment I have had from them is "well it is a very light interior"? this comment really makes me feel down, so what it surly shouldn't stain through rain? (sorry about the pun). Does anyone know of an issue or anyone else with the problem, the better half is doing my head in. HELP

pep c max

PS sorry B Max owners I own its bigger brother a C Max Titanium X, Lush.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I suggest you make an official complaint to Ford quoting the below information from their web site saying that it would appear they tested everything but rainwater.

Ask for the stained seats to be replaced under warranty.

http://www.ford.co.uk/FordFleet/NewsAndReviews/FordForBusiness/2013/February/ChildProofing

You decided to make your purchase of the vehicle with the above information in mind and reassurance from the salesman. If you had known that rainwater would cause a non-removable stain you would have ordered a dark colour.

Good luck but be persistent. The seats appear to be not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Makem

Many thanks for your assistance, had a look a web site and it certainly makes claims that our interior does not meet at the moment.
Other than this issue I would recommend the Ford B Max to anyone wanting a small load lugger (Order the Black interior TOP TIP).

pep c max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts