·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just joined
I pick up my new B max tomorrow!
1.5 tdci 16 plate black.
I have 2 small children and the back doors are going to be such a help going from a 3 door corsa!
Edited by: Baxter

·
Registered
51 Posts
hello baxter.welcome to b max ownership..had mine just under a year..brilliant for kids and my elderly mother..
hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Welcome to theforum Baxter. After the Coarse a, you are going to love it unless it has the dreaded auto box.

Titanium trim is great, but even zetec is pretty good.

Sliding rear doors really usefull

2 metre load area with rear and front seats down.

Being higher, you may notice a bit more body roll.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Just brought Baxter the B Maxter home.
Kids in and out not a problem and even the amount of snow on the ground it's been great.

Waiting until kids in bed then I'm sneaking out to put my ipod in and have a bit play

We are gonna love it.
I know!

Even made my first call using Bluetooth.

I'm not gonna know I'm born from the corsa to baxter!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome, Baxter.

Its a real Tardis of a car, is the B Max. Speaking for myself, even the dreaded auto has its moments, running smooth as silk when its going well.

And yes, those doors are a wow, though prepare for some odd noises from the rear when you go over the bumps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the forum, ideal for getting kids in and out, bet your back won't half feel the benefit not having to lean in each time.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Be careful with the kids if parking downhill, those doors can sometimes close with quite a thud as they are heavy. Enough to amputate a little limb if you are not careful.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Baxter

Welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoing your new motor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Flippin' heck cianpars, you been watching too many slasher movies. I give you the doorsare a little on the heavy sidebut honestly, do you think Ford, with all the built in safety features the B-Max has, it wouldreleased a vehilce that has the potential to "amputate." I dunno know...!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You are welcome to test it Willow. Maybe not complete amputation, but could do a lot of damage :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
We live on a steep hill and I always park facing downwards, as Mrs Des struggles to keep the door open and get out using her stick if the car is facing uphill. Opening the back doors when facing downwards on a steep hill definitely has its potential hazards, and whilst I reckon amputation is unlikely, a broken limb would certainly be a possibility if the victim was very young or very elderly.

So be careful out there, you hill dwellers!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Guess it may have been handy for the ex-wife's head cianpars
Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Willow said:
Guess it may have been handy for the ex-wife's head cianpars
Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of

1 - 14 of 14 Posts