Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help please. I have had a problem that after a couple of days without use my battery is so flat that I can't open the car remotely. Had a few checks done, updates carried out, battery checked was told it was OK. but has a drain of 30mA when every5hing is off, which I was told was too high. I have since been checking the battery in the mornings and it is reading 12.2 Volts after a long journey today (270 miles,) checked the battery and it is only reading 12.25Volts. This seems low to me. I have checked the charging voltage with engine running and it reads 14.5 volts. The battery is only just over 3 years old but I am thinking that is the problem any advice would be welcome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you've had the battery checked and its OK, then the only thing I could suggest is to get an auto electrician to have a look at your charging system.

OK, it will cost money but might be better getting an expert in rather than remaining in the dark about the nature of the issue, especially given the additional strain imposed on your battery by the adverse cold weather.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A quiescent drain of 30ma isn't high when you first switch off. Try to measure it after an hour or so; some systems take time to before sleep mode.If you've not used the car for a few days in the recent low temperatures, a overnighttrickle charge may help, but I must admit after such a long journey, I would have expected more than 12.25v.
Try switching off stop start, it eats current. And only use resistive loads (HFS, HRW, seat heat) when absolutely necessary.
Low battery voltage in this weather is inevitable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My post should have read that garage had fitted a new battery a few weeks ago. AA found that low battery was caused by a loose corroded earth strap. AA fitted a new temporary permanent earth strap at a more get attable place. I have a 2013 Titanium PowerShift. I did inform my garage.Edited by: Bethesda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts