Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have had my b max ( titanium 100) since 31 March 2015. Re the battery losing charge is it safe to use a trickle charger as i did on my fiesta, I connect the charger direct to the battery for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am absolutely fed up with my B Max. To stop the battery draining I have to leave my radio on and bluetooth off when I turn the engine off and leave my car. I don't think it is acceptable to have to put a 13 reg car on a trickle charge.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would suggest you take your car to Ford dealer to rectify the problem, I have had my B max since 2012 it has never had a battery problem, it is mainly used on short trips, so much so that the 82% of journeys are with a cold engine, hope you get issue solved, as you are correct a modern car should not be losing charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have taken it to dealer and they can't help. Have been in touch with Ford Customer Services and they 'are hoping for an update soon'. It was dealer who told me to leave radio on and bluetooth off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Don't know why you should keep radio on?As I understand it, the only thing using battery power after switch off and central locking being activated would be the "alarm system".
You could try connecting an ammeter in line with battery to see what current is being drawn from battery when car has been locked?

·
Registered
1 Posts
battery charging

Hi is it save to charge my car battery with it still connected in the car or will i have to disconnect it and if i disconnect it will the car lose any memory 2016 zetec thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts