Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've owned my bmax since May and have had no faults up until now that is. Now I've not used it for a few days due to being at work so ive been using the van. But today I came to use it and all seemed ok, it unlocked ok, powered up ok but just Clicked on turn over. Got the van and jump started it. I then run it for 10 miles or so and everything seemed ok until I tried using the front and rear demister, both did not turn on. Would this issue have blown a fuse? Or with lack of power to the battery simply not power them up?

Now I've checked the battery and the little inspection thing is Black, so I know it's a new battery time. I'm going to do a battery test tomorrow to make sure the alternator is working but my question was about the demisters, has anyone else come across the same or similar problem? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have a feeling that the cars software disables power hungry applications like demisters, auto stop go and the like if battery charge is low, which could explain your problem.

I suspect that after installing a new fully charged battery, it will all work again unless the alternator is not charging.

A decent auto electrician can chek the alternator in a few seconds and probably wont charge (excuse the pun).Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*** UPDATE ***

It started 1st go this morning, everything is working as it should, had the battery tested and it is charging but the little tester is still black so probably a new battery needed. I shopped around and cheapest price I found was £43.50 so not to bad.

I am going to change the battery anyway as we're in for a few weeks of cold weather but I'll not be to worried as it'll be tucked up in the garage :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yeah, cold is a batteries worst enemy. I always look after my battery in winter by making sure i do a few regular runs in conditions wher i wont need lights, wipers, demisters, etc. just to ensure it stays healthy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts