Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drivers seat belt jams intermittently when trying to pull it out or move my position on the seat 2015 1.4 Bmax.
5 times in 10 it refuses to pay out around me and fit as normal, pull slowly it jams, let it go all the way back in and try again it jams. when eventually it allows sufficient belt to come out and around its great. then if you gently lean forward to reach something it jams.
I have cleaned the belt, when it is behaving I have pulled it completely out a couple of times and fed it back in carefully. I think it's cured but the very next time I'm in the car it refuses to pay out any belt at all, curse it give it 10 mins and once again it works fine.
The mechanism is part of the seat and looks a bitch to get at, has anyone any experience of fixing this problem ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My belt retracts OK, it just doesn't what to come out 60% of the time. I may still try your silicone though. Leo

·
Registered
453 Posts
be very carful with the seat belts, they have tensioners that could break your fingers if provoked. treat them like airbags. disconnect battery for at least 15 mins before working near them.
ps drivers and passenger tensioners are slightly different layouts too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Any other tips in tackling my troublesome belt or is it simpler to change cars. If it wasn't built into the seat access would be so much simpler. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now a couple of weeks later an update. About two weeks ago the belt was still locking up no matter how I tried to put it on. On one particularly bad day I completely lost my cool with it and repeatedly snatched it out and let it return before snatching it out ( full force ) again, I was at the end of my patience .

And low and behold the belt decided to behave perfectly, and since then no more trouble from it. Perhaps that’s the secret, rapidly pull it out let it go back and repeat (a lot).

Thanks to all for the suggestions, my seat belt now knows who's master.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drivers seat belt jams intermittently when trying to pull it out or move my position on the seat 2015 1.4 Bmax.
5 times in 10 it refuses to pay out around me and fit as normal, pull slowly it jams, let it go all the way back in and try again it jams. when eventually it allows sufficient belt to come out and around its great. then if you gently lean forward to reach something it jams.
I have cleaned the belt, when it is behaving I have pulled it completely out a couple of times and fed it back in carefully. I think it's cured but the very next time I'm in the car it refuses to pay out any belt at all, curse it give it 10 mins and once again it works fine.
The mechanism is part of the seat and looks a bitch to get at, has anyone any experience of fixing this problem ?
it sounds to me that it really is a bad seatbelt, might need a better replacement. you have to be careful with that because some seatbelts have have tensioners that can literally cause you harm when provoked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts