Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my wife and I suffer from backache when driving our B Max on a longer journey. I don't think it's anything to do with our age but possibly the seating. Has anybody else noticed a problem with seat construction?

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have had no problem and I have spine damage. It is as comfortable as my wife's Fiesta and better than my daughters Smax.Far better than the Toyota I had before the Bmax, I find it easy to change angles and height.
But I don't have to turn round as I have the camera

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not personally. I have driven the car non stop on a 3 hour journey without issue. As I am a "big build" I have the seat all the way back, and at its lowest height (chair goes up and down too). I then have the steering wheel in a compensated position.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
fordly said:
Both my wife and I suffer from backache when driving our B Max on a longer journey. I don't think it's anything to do with our age but possibly the seating. Has anybody else noticed a problem with seat construction?
Have you correctly adjusted the lumbar support? Adjusted the head restraints correctly, they do slide back?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Fordly,

Sorry, but I have to go with the others on this. The B_Max is more comfortable than either of the last two cars I had, and nearly as good as the C_Max I used to own. It also passes the test of the better half, who has stated it is easy and comforatbleto ride in.As Makem has said there is a lot of adjustment available (even in the Studio), and the support is effective without being obtrusive for myold body.

Geriatricus.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi all,

I have to agree with all the positive vibes out there
The seating posture, adjustment of back and seat squab height are far better than our old Fusion, and our latter Fiesta.

The adjustment of the headrests as well is much better, as all of that had to be taken into consideration for my 'erindoors back problems
- She who should be obeyed!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have osteoporosis, scoliosis and remnants of a back injury. One of my worries about changing to any new car was that I didn't have any problems in either of my Fusions. At the beginning I played around with the height, angle of the back etc and the position of the steering wheel and particularly the head rest - it is huge improvemnt on the Fusion. I haven't had any trouble at all
thank goodness. I would recommend that different positions etc are tried until you are comfortable. As I have the Studio I don't have the movable lumbar support but that hasn't mattered. Hope you get comfy soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi fordly. My wife and I have back problems as well. She needs to sit on an extra cushion as she finds the seats quite hard. I've had back problems for years due to a herniated disc. I find the seating really good but I have to put the back of the seat at an angle as a don't like the seat too upright. I hope all these posts help you in some way, it's terrible when you have a sore back. I find the suspension quite firm, maybe that's your problem.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Having come from a sports car to the B-MAX, I found the ride a little soft. I checked my tyre pressure and increased them to nearly the maximum recommended and now get a much firmer ride.

I am wondering if your pressures are a little high? It does not take many psi to make a noticeable difference and maybe worth a check.

Being quite a high car the suspension probably is rather firm because of the raised centre of gravity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts