Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my B Max is now 3 and a half years old with over 30k miles on the clock and I will soon have to be looking for a replacement. I am not really enamored with the Fiesta Active and the Ecosport is now a bit dated and thirsty. Whilst I would happily buy another B-MAX if they were still making them, I am considering my options. The Puma looks interesting or I could bite the bullet and go full electric. The model 3 looks exciting, but a bit out of my price range, the Niro and Kona are options, I suppose.

If you were/are considering replacing your B Max, what options are you thinking about and why?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,

My B-Max is now coming up on 5 years old, and like you I would snap up another if they still made them. The general move to Cross-overs and SUV's has left me cold. I did contemplate a FIAT 500L, which was about the same size/design as the B-Max due to not using the actual 500 floorpan, but when I got serious they had moved to a a 500X which was another Cross-over.

Apart from that I have found nothing equivalent to my current vehicle and so am likely to have it until I stop driving. Fashion in cars is a nightmare, as every motor I have got comfortable with over the years has been superseded by a much less desirable replacement. At least 4 different makes/models have gone this way, all of which would have been replaced by a new one of the same type.

Geri

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am also looking into electric or PHEV for my next car. Ford are presently way behind other makes, although I won't be ready to change for another 12 to 18 months. My car will be 6 to 7 yrs old by then.

A PHEV might suit me better as 80% of my motoring is local - less than 20 miles round trip. So i would be driving on electric only most of the time. When on a longer weekend or holiday trip no worries about stopping to re-charge the battery.

These cars are so expensive at the moment though. Hopefully the price will decrease a bit as we go forward. Quite fancy the Mini Countryman. Not too big, not too small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts