Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Today's problem:

Owned 2014 Titanium X for 2 months - first time heated screen used it would take a few minutes to almost clear one side of the glass. Fifth Ford with this fitted, never a problem, so into main dealer yesterday under Ford Protect Gold.

Elements faulty - new screen replacement authorised under warrantee - all good so far.

Today: two screens supplied by Ford and rejected - ordered by main dealer using Ford's own parts number etc - first turned up unsuitable for auto lights and wipers, second ordered - same again!

Am being told it's an error on Ford's own parts supply system - still awaiting it to be resolved - i.e. the correct screen supplied and fitted! Supposedly it's being dealt with, although they don't seem to know just how?!?

My question: has anyone else had a similar issue with the supply of a front windscreen please?

Thanks

Brian

BTW test drove a 2016 Kuga to possibly replace our BMW 120 x-drive - reviews say "best in class" for ride and handling - :mad: appalling! Told dealer our B Max was smoother. My previous 2009 Berlingo van was more comfortable! Test drove a Edge - wow, very, very comfortable and smooth ride. Edge certainly on the short list. Just waiting on any diesel announcements in the budget before we change.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Briangsf1200

I can't say I have had to replace my windscreen but I did have issues with the drivers side not working until I found a work round. From cold, turn the heated knob all the way to cold. The screen and air con will automatically engage, then push the the front heated screen button. If I don't follow the latter procedure it won't work, only the passenger side will clear. No idea why this should be but hey! it's a Ford

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Finally sorted (hopefully) - due for collection tomorrow.
Ford had to manually pick, remove packaging and check before despatch - they can't explain why their system has the wrong parts numbers to product for the B Max. Be aware should anyone need a screen replacement (with auto wipers and lights).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Two main issues related to one side of a heated windscreen not clearing. Firstly, eaxh side is controlled by a separate fuse. Secondly, the vehicle's electronics will sense any dip in the battery voltage and disable certain high load equipment until the voltage goes back up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delays were totally down to Ford’s parts system apparently having the wrong numbers/parts listed for some B Max cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts