Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hardwire a dashcam to a 2015 automatic B max but the fuse box behind the glove compartment is nothing like any diagram in the owners manual or online. I cannot see any fuse numbers on the fuse box so I’m stumped and could do with assistance to which fuse to wire it .upto.
Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Computer hardware

·
Super Moderator
366 Posts
The fuses in the fuse box will not have numbers on them. They are only numbered in the diagram to aid location.
Choose any ten amp fuse or test an empty slot for power when ignition is turned on and use that slot. If you use an existing slot you will need an adaptor that takes two fuses, usually supplied in the hard wire kit.
Remember to test the chosen fuse for power when ignition is turned on and no power when turned off ( unless you have parking surveilance on the camera ). Test BOTH sides of the fuse as the power will only flow in one direction which means if you only test one side you may get no response and think that it's a dead connection when ignition is on.
When i did my camera i had two connections as my cam has parking mode. I will take a photo tomorrow of how i wired mine in and post when i get chance.

Reactions: Scoz

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
looks like the fuse box in my owners manual. but for simplicity, take a feed from the back of the 12v power socket and add a a smaller inline fuse before your cam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts