Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise with a paint problem. I got a brand new BMax titanium navigator in Ruby red on 22/07/17. I pulled off the forecourt had to turn round and take it back as indicators were not working, I also paid for it diamond brighting on delivery I knew it had not been done due to having it done on previous cars, I brought it to the dealers attention they assured me it had been done at a later date the valeter admitted it had not been done so the dealer gave me my money back for the diamond bright. When I got home with the car every panel felt rough like sandpaper just as if it was overspray, on the way back to the dealer I called at an independent body shop and asked them their opinion they said it was definitely overspray take it back to the dealer. We took it back to the dealer who had it in their body shop when they brought it back saying it was ok I could still feel overspray all over it,so they had it in again and this time most of the overspray had gone. I found when I clean it there is like dirt spots all over on close inspection there are all little areas like the lacquer had been rubbed off, been back to the dealer on Saturday 30th September they are now saying they can not do anything with it as they have no spray facilities and only have contract valaters, I have now to take it to another Ford dealer over 20 miles away, after speaking to then on the phone today they have said if it's a paint manufacturer fault they will have to claim off Ford for a respray but if it's damage the valet have done removing the overspray I will have to claim from the dealer I got the car from. Also I'm not sure if I'd like a brand new car resprayed and I'm unsure if I will have any problems from the dealer if it's found to be their fault. I would appreciate any comments or advice.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You get the feeling that it was damaged in transit. I would be most annoyed and get a top notch professional opinion, then ask for a new car or my money back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would certainly recommend obtaining an independent paint report. However, it is unlikely to be transport damage if all the panels are affected. If a vehicle is excessively damaged in transit it would be repaired by Ford and sent to auction as a sub standard vehicle. For lesser damage i.e. one panel which may have occured on a car transporter a repair would have to be done by a Ford dealer. You need to establish if there was a fault in the factory paint process or any subsequent actions that may have taken place at a latter date. For example was the paintwork prepared for the application of Diamond Bright and then left in that condition when it was not applied ?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts