Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one and all!

Just like to quickly introduce my self as a new b-max owner to be!

I've managed to bag my self a white 2013 1.6 TDCI Titanium spec, coming from a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa 1.7 DTi it's like a night and day driving experience.

I have yet to hand over all the money yet as there were some slight issues with the B-max - first one was that one of the rear doors was not opening all the way - I've told them that this needs to be fixed before I commit - but has anyone else on here or anyone you know of had this sort of problem before? I'm thinking it's some sort of trivial problem like a child lock for instance? I'm not worrying so much but I have only 3 months of warranty and when I do eventually buy it I'm slightly worried that the problem may spring back and catch me out of warranty...

The other small issue was a really loud speaker rattle coming from the driver side door - has anyone else had this happen to them - it literally stopped as soon as I put my hand over it. so that could get annoying... but again this should be fixed when I go and pick the car up...

Apart from that - I'm really excited to start driving this really smart, efficient, intelligent and fun motor!

Thanks everyone, looking forward to being part of the community!

Alex

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Any car can develop rattles inside the door from window mechanisms, speakers, etc but they can easily be resolved. The door issue is one of adjustment that can be easily fixed using the adjusters and a spot of grease.

Hope you enjoy the car. Diesels are pretty good value for money now.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies - I will keep you posted with how the purchase develops - the rattle seems a simple fix for the ford dealership to handle - let's see how long it takes them to fix the door haha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

Just a suggestion
With respect to the door. If it is the nearside (where the petrol filler is), there is a mechanical interlock which stops the door smahing into the filler cap. Perhaps the interlock is not working correctly when the cap is closed.

Geri

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys - just a quick update!

I picked up the car this Saturday and everything's sound! Really enjoying the smooth ride and great sound coming from the sony system!

Loving the keyless entry on mine and the push button start - something so futuristic about it (coming from a 52 plate corsa) ...

A quick question though - are you able to play music through BT?

·
Registered
265 Posts
AlexMaximus said:
Hi guys - just a quick update!

I picked up the car this Saturday and everything's sound! Really enjoying the smooth ride and great sound coming from the sony system!

Loving the keyless entry on mine and the push button start - something so futuristic about it (coming from a 52 plate corsa) ...

A quick question though - are you able to play music through BT?
Mine is a Titanium X and I certainly can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts