Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm on a bmax forum , I think you can see I'm leaning toward the bmax, my local dealer can get a titanium x eco boost £12850 with a ford approved three year extended warranty , the lay out with sliding doors etc would suit where I willl be living for next few years butttt the dreaded eco boost coolant pipe of death and any other issues I'm keen to hear positive and negative experiences with this engine ... Issues I may expect etc .. drama I may expect that sort of thing ...

Our other choice is a nissan juke ( meh ).

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My ecoboost 123 bhp is the best engine i have had in a car in over 40 years of driving. 45 mpg over first 7,500 miles and a turn of acceleration when you need it.

Coolant hose issue was resolved long ago.

Narrower than yhe Juke, fits more easily in parking spaces amd nips through small gaps around town great. Engine is refined, quiet and very smooth.

High driving position, sliding doors and no b pillar are a bonus.

Very comfortable to drive and you can fit 2 metre items in the flat load area with passenger seat folded flat.

However I can't say much about the Juke as ive never driven one, other than i think it is ugly.

The Quasqui is nice though (sorry if i spelled wrong)Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You will love the heated windscreen, climate control, leather heated seats and the panoramic sunroof is much nicer than I expected. Disappointed that the motorways are too busy to make much use of the cruise control round here though, you may be luckier.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi and welcome,

The only regular major gripes about the B-Max are the auto gearbox. Everything else seems to have been fixed or is fixable with minimum hassle.
As for the good things; you may well be surprised how useful the lack of a B Pillar is, as it makes access to the rear seats superb. The ride is great if you want comfort, and the driving position seems to suit all but a few. The rear dropping seats are well designed and most useful as a result. As you can now appreciate, I am a fan; and because it is now out of production, then if all goes well, it looks like it will be kept until it falls apart (or I do).

Cheers,
Geri

·
Registered
712 Posts
Found the rear sliding doors useful (again) the other day. A taxi had parked too close to me in a supermarket car park. Open the driver door as much as poss, then slide rear door open. No B pillar so you can get in easier then !

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hywel S Wales said:
Found the rear sliding doors useful (again) the other day. A taxi had parked too close to me in a supermarket car park. Open the driver door as much as poss, then slide rear door open. No B pillar so you can get in easier then !
Yep, that trick has been helpful for me a couple of times.

Still love getting 45 mpg from a car that will do 120 mph on the clock. (No I haven't tried it Hywel :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the biggest issue is the fact the B-Max is no longer produced. You are in effect buying a discontinued car. How this will pan out for depreciation - I bet you can guess! But other issues such as parts etc. may become hard to get.

Lots of auto problems, so avoid those.

Juke is OK, new one out next year I believe.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Because it discontinued, you can probably negotiate a good deal on one now. Not good news for those of us who already own one I guess. Most of the parts are Fiesta based, so I think availability won't be too much of a problem and the engines are standard Ford.

·
Registered
212 Posts
cianpars said:
Most of the parts are Fiesta based, so I think availability won't be too much of a problem and the engines are standard Ford.
"My" dealer assured me (written, not simply by saying) that ten years from September 2017 there will any parts be available.
I sked him because I am worried about the sun roof that may be affected by rain containing ice "stones" during autumn and Springtime here...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.