Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, wife is looking for a new car and came across a B max, she fell in love and we nearly put a deposit down on a 1.6 titanium auto. Luckily read reviews and came across auto juddering issues and walked away from car. She would still like one but wanted peoples opinions on either
1l ecoboost titanium, which bhp is better or
1.4l zetec.
She would prefer the titanium spec but is the 1.4 more reliable.
Any Thoughts would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,lookng on here, there seems to be a lot of stories about heated windscreen issues, electrics and door problems, we are little concerned about getting one now.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the info,lookng on here, there seems to be a lot of stories about heated windscreen issues, electrics and door problems, we are little concerned about getting one now.
The global issues are heated screen and clutch judder. Both were fixed on mine and no more trouble.
Most electrics issues are the management system shutting off high drain items until battery is more fully charged.
Once sorted (after pressure on Ford) it's a really good car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks for the info,lookng on here, there seems to be a lot of stories about heated windscreen issues,
electrics and door problems, we are little concerned about getting one now.
All cars can (and usually do) have problems and niggles. I've had the clutch and windscreen problems in my Powermax sorted out,
and touch wood, all seems to be well.
I would always advise to buy from a main dealer, which will give you a 12 month warranty. You may pay a bit more, but are more
likely to be looked after in the event of problems. It's also a good idea to get it serviced by the main dealer as well, at least until it's
about 5yrs old. They will know the things to look out for, and know the history of the car.

I know others may disagree, but it works for me.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
since there are about 54,000 bmax's on the road in the uk, I agree the sample size from this forum is minute, and will always focus on problems
I also agree, if buying an 'auto' get it from a ford main dealer then get any juddering sorted under warranty.

note approx no.s
diesel 8,450,
autos (1.6 engine) nearly 20,000
1.4 just over 8,000

and the 1l approx 17,750

·
Registered
311 Posts
Chosing the right car is always difficult, unless you like to stick with a particular make.
We chose the Bmaxx as we have a Ford main dealer literally a two minute walk away, and needed a run around to replace a van.
So it's not far to go to bang on the counter if any problems arise. The dealer has treated us well, getting things fixed under warranty.
Helped by the fact that we don't need a courtesy car.

Our previous main cars have all been Hondas, but as they no longer sell the Civic Hybrid in the UK, we had to look elsewhere.
That's why we chose a used Lexus hybrid, as they have a service centre a five minute walk away. Although in 12 months we haven't needed to get any work done on it.
It's all to do with personal choice and needs. The Bmaxx is ideal if you need a smallish car, which has the ability to carry big loads.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've had my 1.0 123bhp BMax 2 years now and covered 20k miles with no significant issues. Best engine I've had in a car in over 40 years of driving in that it goes like a 1.6 and gives me economy of over 46 mpg.
It's also very comfortable, though I do have the Titanium X trim. First car I've ever had with heated seats too which are wonderful in cold weather.
Also the first car I've had with parking sensors and a built in satnav.
Great carrying capacity with the rear seats down and the false floor in the boot means I can stay all of my junk underneath it and still have a clear boot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.