Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just purchased a 1.0 titanium and find it very noisy. It is 2 years old. The engine seems to make a tapping noise all the time. Could this be down to it being over a year since the last oil change?

Also whilst deiving inside the car seems quite noisy. Can hear like a wind noise and also sounds like a fan or motor is constantly running. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi hywel. Got it checked out and ford said it is a standard noise made by a 3 cylinder engine. Maybe im jst not use to it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The only noise you should hear is what sounds like loose wooden boards in the boot when you go 15 to 20 mph on some roads. I only notice it on the 100 yard road to my home which is off the main road.

As for the engine, no noise other than normal engine noise and the B-MAX is quite a quiet engine. Tapping noises used to be and probably still are, the tappets. which in the 'old days' needed adjustment and could cause an engine noise as they control inlet and outlet from the cylinders.

My 3 cyclinder engine sounds like all the 4/6 cylinder ones I have had.

Fan noise never noticed except if you boost them or after turning off the engine a fan runs for a few seconds and you may hear some air flow dampers opening/closing as the system shuts down.

No wind noise whatsoever so I would suspect the rubbers around the windows/doors which I seem to remember had some problems in the early days. Are any missing or not fitting together leaving a gap?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Makem. Will take it to the main ford dealers. As i only bought this car last week, does the ford warrant still apply? Can you confirm if it is still 3 years warranty. the car was registered in April 2013.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is one fan that is quite noisy and thats the climate control cooling fan. If you have climate control, turn it off to see if that noise dies down a bit. This is normal BTW.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Mad B-Max said:
There is one fan that is quite noisy and thats the climate control cooling fan. If you have climate control, turn it off to see if that noise dies down a bit. This is normal BTW.
Is it still noisy after it has achieved the correct teperature? I have never noticed mine staying on and I feel my missus would complain if it keep blowing hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts