Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Just had a black friday e mail from my ford dealer.Amongst the offers is a saving on the b max of £4000, (not including zetec models) made up of £1500 dealer saving + £2500 scrappage.Might be useful if you are looking to buy at present.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
I'd like to know how did Ford do immediately after the FUSION has been discontinued!.. :-?Did they simply drop it and nothing regarding this model happent?
I mean... it all happent so sudden to the B-MAX and I still can't believe Ford spent so much - for an ingenious car, as many people said - just to sell something during just seven years... :-? It was not even a single attempt in trying to upgrade the B-MAX...


On the other hand: aren't there family people left in this world? Everyone's going to buy only SUVs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Simply that they didn't sell enough units to turn a decent profit. The Ecosport looks promising though and I may end up with one myself in a few years time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
cianpars said:
Simply that they didn't sell enough units to turn a decent profit. The Ecosport looks promising though and I may end up with one myself in a few years time.
It was not just about volume of sales that brought about the demise of the Bmax. You have to factor in that it had shared many of the Fiesta components, particularly chassis and powertrain. Once the new Fiesta was launched, those economies of scale were lost. Ford do not actually make a lot of profit on their small car range so it was a bit of a no brainer to kill off the Bmax.It was a similar story with the Fusion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
How much similar, please!?.. :-?

Erratum: just FIVE years (not seven)!.. :">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
vdragoslav said:
How much similar, please!?.. :-?

Erratum: just FIVE years (not seven)!.. :">[/4QUOTE]
Similar in so far as both vehicles were not huge successes in terms of sales volumes and each were based on the Fiesta at that particular time and subsequently phased out when a newer version of the Fiesta was launched. They also had similar problematic gearboxes (with the exception of the 1.6 Fusion automatic which performed okay while the 1.4 auto was as disastrous as the powershift in the Bmax).Although, this reason alone wouldn't of caused the end of the Bmax. The model lifespan 5 vs 7 years really depends on whete in the Fieasta timeline the Bmax and Fusion were launched. Unfortunately, the Fiesta launch times would take priority with other variants of the platform launching later. In the case of the Fusion it launched quite soon after the Fiesta at the time and therefore had a longer life in the market place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Do you mean that B-MAX (production) wasn't meant to last? :-? Its purpose was just for some Ford team to deal with testing the market even if the predictions were (pretty) clear and, more than this, for their... amusement (or something)? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
vdragoslav said:
Do you mean that B-MAX (production) wasn't meant to last? :-? Its purpose was just for some Ford team to deal with testing the market even if the predictions were (pretty) clear and, more than this, for their... amusement (or something)? :-?
No I don't mean that at all. There are cycle plans put in place for each car platform. There will be one for C carline e.g. Ford Focus and also for B car line e.g. Ford Fiesta. A timing plan will be established to launch the bigger selling derivative first. In the case of the Fiesta it might be the 5 door version. So Ford would establish a launch date called Job 1. Different versions of the B car platform would then have planned launch dates after Job 1. These might be 6 months, 9 months, 12 months even 24 months after Job1 depending on development and launch timings.
The point I was trying to make is that the Fusion was probably launched closer to the Job 1 date than the Bmax bearing in mind the total life cycle of the original model would be approx 7 years. The Bmax was not some marketing exercise but simply launched later than the Fiesta it was based on and therefore had a shorter lifespan.
You need to understand that the Bmax was part of a much bigger global B car plan that would involve other Ford plants across the world in Germany, India, China and America. It is not possible to launch all these vehicles on the same day so they are staggered which in turn effects the phase out dates as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to explain the demise of the Bmax. It would seem that a new Bmax replacement was not planned when the new B-car platform was developed. As already suggested, it looks like it will be replaced by the Fiesta Active which is built on the new platform architecture.

Skelly said:
vdragoslav said:
Do you mean that B-MAX (production) wasn't meant to last? :-? Its purpose was just for some Ford team to deal with testing the market even if the predictions were (pretty) clear and, more than this, for their... amusement (or something)? :-?
No I don't mean that at all. There are cycle plans put in place for each car platform. There will be one for C carline e.g. Ford Focus and also for B car line e.g. Ford Fiesta. A timing plan will be established to launch the bigger selling derivative first. In the case of the Fiesta it might be the 5 door version. So Ford would establish a launch date called Job 1. Different versions of the B car platform would then have planned launch dates after Job 1. These might be 6 months, 9 months, 12 months even 24 months after Job1 depending on development and launch timings.
The point I was trying to make is that the Fusion was probably launched closer to the Job 1 date than the Bmax bearing in mind the total life cycle of the original model would be approx 7 years. The Bmax was not some marketing exercise but simply launched later than the Fiesta it was based on and therefore had a shorter lifespan.
You need to understand that the Bmax was part of a much bigger global B car plan that would involve other Ford plants across the world in Germany, India, China and America. It is not possible to launch all these vehicles on the same day so they are staggered which in turn effects the phase out dates as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Does the activehave a side hinged boot? If so, that would be enough to put me off as I often close parallel park and would rarely be able to open it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Ford in The Netherlands are advertising the Fiesta Active now.The car would become available as from mid 2018.
First artist impressions i do not find encouraging,it certainly does not look like a B-Max.
Never mind,i have a B-Max which will keep me happy for the years to come.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top