Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone help? I have disabled aunt, with stunted growth and due to change motability car. Key now is the height of seat as transfer from wheelchair is by 'banana board' and if the seat height in car and wheelchair vary her carer struggles to help her transfer.

Could anyone advise the height of rear seat from ground? Trying to work out if lower than Toyota Auris which is a little too high now for her. Would save me a 50 mile each way drive to a dealer to measure it up.

John

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Just measured mine at 63 cm, though i am parked on a slope if that makes any difference.

I'm guessing that it might be a little high, but the sliding doors and no B pillar may be of some help, particularly if the front door is opened to facilitate easier access.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - yes maybe a little high - that makes it 3cm higher than Auris and she struggling there. Appreciate your help

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your best resources is this web sitehttp://www.rica.org.uk/content/motoring

They have comprehensive details of accessibility using factors like height of door opening , levels of sear, door width etc figures from that source in mm below

2014 BMax
Door opening
Door sill height to ground 37.2

Door sill height to floor of car 9.3

Door opening angle
68°

Getting in
Legroom getting in

Max seat edge to ground 63.8

Min seat edge to ground
Headroom when getting in 73.6

2015 Toyota Auris