Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any of you suffer with bad backs?

Do you think the B Max gives the correct height adjustment to enable you to get out (and in) the car without too many problems and do you obtain a comfortable seating position for your spine if you are driving for long periods?

I have had 6 spine operations and because my lumbar spine is fused at two levels, I do not have the flexibility at all to bend/twist/reach when getting in/out of a car or sitting. I am thinking of choosing the B Max (as the driver's seat can be made higher) but I really need some honest advice from you all please.

We have looked at many different vehicles but the ones I particularly like will be no good for my back, so I am relying on you guys to help me make a decision about the B Max, one way or another. To be honest, we did consider a C Max (because I thought the seating might be a little bit higher), but when my daughter had one as a hire car, she took it back after one day because, she said, it felt like it was going to "fall over" on a windy motorway journey - so I don't fancy that much!

Also, if there are any lady drivers of the B Max who could provide their views on this, I would appreciate your input too please.

I'm sorry my first post is so long and if you can provide me with some honest comments (warts and all please!) that would be so helpful.

THANK YOU.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I also suffer from back problems, although Cervical rather than Lumbar; but the B-Max has a really good drivers seat for back support. I have done 20,000+ miles now in it and have not suffered significant discomfort during/after driving.
I am sure that there are plenty of others on here to advise on their experience as well, so good luck.
The upright vehicles tend to have have softer suspension, but that also tends to go with a more compliant ride and fewer jars being passed to the occupants, so do not be suprised if the B-Max also takes a little getting used to in cross-winds. I have never felt the least unsettled by any any body movement while driving, and any downsides are more than compensated by the superb access to both front and rear seats.

Geri

·
Registered
315 Posts
I too have cervical back problems, and the only place I am comfortable is in the car, I too have done over 20,000 miles in 10 and a half months, the seating from my point of view is superb.

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought the B-Max was because of the ease of getting in and out and the excellent back support. The only other car I have had that came close was the Seat Altea.
The best thing to do is visit a local dealer and ask for a test drive, that's what I did.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi SueD

I'm as well suffering from a back pain I have 2 slip disks (L4-L5 and L2-L3) and in the morning I'm very stiff but because the B max as you mentioned can be adjusted to higher position I never encounter any problem to get in and out of it. Even the doctor told if possible try to avoid cars that are very low because you need much larger effort to get out. Hope you find the assurance you need from our help.

Regards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speak to your local dealer, if they have one in stock they might allow you an extended test drive so you can keep it for a weekend or so to make sure it is comfortable enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts