Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some lowdown on the alarm, i.e. how it works as mine has gone off a few times for mo apparent reason. I think it could be some items I keep on the rear seat moving after I have stopped.

Shaking the car does not seem to set it off.

Also, what category is it for insurance purposes?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, just checked the stis which confirms a Thatcham cat1. Details below for anyone interested:

Thatcham Category 1 ""“ electronic alarm and immobiliser

Systems that fall into this class are the cleverest and most complex on the market. A Category 1 alarm will feature perimeter and ignition detection, and will incorporate movement or glass break and tilt sensors. There'll also be a siren powered by its own battery supply that will sound if your car gets broken into.

Immobilisers are also a requirement to pass Category 1 tests and have to be passively set ""“ that means without any action from the driver ""“ while a minimum of two operating systems or one control unit used for normal operation must be isolated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you go through the vehicle settings, you can turn off the interior ultrasonics which is called 'Reduced Guard'. This is useful for those who have dogs on board. I have my alarm settings so that I'm asked if I want reduced guard when I turn off ign. All is explained in the owners manual.If you leavethe windows only partly open when the vehicle is armed, the ultrasonics will detect change in air pressure such as a gust of wind or a vehicle passing close by and set off the sounder.

Edited by: pegleg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Pegleg. I vaguely recall seeing this now. I will revisit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts