Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all from Dublin I recently bought a 2014 b max 1.4
in general was this car a good choice all opinions welcome thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Joe; its a great car, in my opinion, and likely to become an overlooked classic.

The load space with the front passenger and rear seats laid flat is amazing for a small car, and the precise and true steering is exactly what you'd expect from a Ford.

Yes, there's more body roll because of the slightly taller body, but anyone who can't cope with a bit of body roll should probably be riding a Penny Farthing instead.

Having bought a 1.4 you'll also be spared the pain of all the Powershift issues, so win/ win.

Edited by: desthemoaner

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I am on my 2nd 1.4 now and am only upset that Ford have stopped making the B-Max.
As I have stated many times on this forum, I regard this as a great concept and car. It is comfortable to ride in, useful as a load carrier, and great if you have to use child seats( due to the lack of 'B' pillar). Unless you have a particular need, I believe that you will come to love your motor.

Geri

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mr Doyle, I think you have bought exceptionally well. The only possible way you could have gone one better, and this is totally dependant on your mileage/budget/preference, is to have gone for the diesel variant. But this is subject to so many variables. Enjoy your BMax

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The 1.4 is a decent engine, but the best part of my B max is its 1.0 123 bhp engine. Can't really fault the car in any way so far, though my wife doesnt like the body roll.

But there are so many advantages the b max has, that i can forgive it that one little vice.

Got the titanium x, with satnav and sensors so more toys than ive ever had before. I also think its about the most comfortable car ive driven in 40 years - and that includes Rovers and Mondeos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me just joined this forum but had my B-Max 1.4 Zetec for 4 years. MOT needed new brake discs and one shock absorber (was leaking oil). I am 60 plus and can honestly say I love this car more than ANY other car I have ever owned. I am being tempted by Ford to trade it in but cant bear the thought of being parted from it!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I felt that way when I let my 1.25 fiesta zetec go, but i really like the b max.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey All, Just bought a 2014 B-Max 1.6 Auto Powershift, it was the B-Max or the Hyundai i30 and the wife and child preferred the B-Max, and the dealer gave a decent discount. But now just worried if I made the right choice. Does anyone have any experience with the B-Max auto?
Also, the dealer is also offering the RAC Warranty4Life (http://www.motorparks.co.uk/warranty-4-life). I need to pay £400 upfront and sign up to a service plan which is around £30 per/month. Not sure if I should go for it or not? Especially after seeing some comments about the reliability of powershift.

·
Registered
242 Posts
trychatchthat. Welcome to the group. I can't sat I've got any experience with the auto and that isn't the reason I have replied to your psot. I am interested in the warranty package Ford have offered you? My Bmax which I have had since it was pre-registered is 3 years old in March and is falling out of warranty. I really don't want to trade in, but as I use it a lot, abroad and in the UK I am looking for a warranty extension. Interested in whether your car is newly registered and whether Ford will retrospectively offer this warranty package. Cheers and enjoy your Bmax.
p.s you made the right choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks TheInstructor, I think that the warranty is not by Ford, but offered by the dealership, motorparks. So, sorry no idea, if your warranty can be extended.

·
Registered
98 Posts
trycatchthat said:
Hey All, Just bought a 2014 B-Max 1.6 Auto Powershift, it was the B-Max or the Hyundai i30 and the wife and child preferred the B-Max, and the dealer gave a decent discount. But now just worried if I made the right choice. Does anyone have any experience with the B-Max auto?
Also, the dealer is also offering the RAC Warranty4Life (http://www.motorparks.co.uk/warranty-4-life). I need to pay £400 upfront and sign up to a service plan which is around £30 per/month. Not sure if I should go for it or not? Especially after seeing some comments about the reliability of powershift.

I'd be worried about this exclusion:Clutch Warranty ""“ Where the condition is due to wear and tear or the clutch is burnt out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Des, I've just bought a 2013 B-max and when I fold the rear seats only the 1/3 side goes completely flat and can see the seat cushion move. The other 2/3 side goes down but stays quarter cocked up and the cushion doesn't move like the other side. Any ideas how to fix this?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cookies. The simplest thing I can suggest to start with is to check if there is anything underneath the seat itself, otherwise it is down to the mechanism.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cookie1 said:
Hi Des, I've just bought a 2013 B-max and when I fold the rear seats only the 1/3 side goes completely flat and can see the seat cushion move. The other 2/3 side goes down but stays quarter cocked up and the cushion doesn't move like the other side. Any ideas how to fix this?
check there is nothing under the seat squab

·
Registered
311 Posts
To answer the original question. Yes you made a good choice in getting a BMax. It does though have
some niggling faults, more so than any other car I have owned.
Heated windscreens have problems....If left for a few days without being used, "Synch" can stop working...Problems with autos are well documented, although I like mine...
They are nice to drive and as others say, plenty of load carrying space.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Cookie, I no longer have my B Max, but I had exactly the same issue, with one rear seat folding completely flat and the other remaining slightly proud. I never actually got to the bottom of why it was happening, but I'd concur with others that it may be snagging on something, so have a look underneath.Also check the hinge mechanism in case there's something caught in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorted it now, unclip the cable from the C clip on the back of the seat under the boot carpet, this gives enough slack to reattach the cable under the seat around the little guide wheel then put the cable back into the c clip to put the tension back. Job done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts