Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please !!
I have had my B MAX less than 48 hours and noticed the juddering whilst driving yesterday and today. It's a 65 plate and has done 15,000 miles, I'm
Getting a courtesy car after kicking up a stink, Thank fully I have read your comments so will be check my warrenty is extended for 5 years to cover the gear box and clutch.
Question is do I keep it? I feel let down already by the dealer for selling it to me, after a comment cars can go wrong at any time by him, well my 10 year old focus didn't which I'm feeling rather silly that I traded it in now for this which sounds like the beginning of a night mare. Has anyone's been fixed completely or am I dommed? Please help I'm so confused as to what to do, thank you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The question is, did you buy from an Authorised Ford Dealer? If so, you will have some kind of cover, also, did you pay for any part of your car with a Credit Card? for Insurance/Warranty purposes. If the car is of merchantable quality you would also have a good chance of some kind of claim. But! The dealer is also correct in his own way. Cars can, do and will go wrong at any time and as easy as it is to say it, don't be put off by 1 small fault. The B Max's are great cars and the fault may be something as simple as a balancing weight coming of a wheel, or the brake disc becoming warped from little use over a cold period.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Claire,

The assumption on this, is that this is one of the infamous automatics and not a manual gearbox.

At this point you have the choice of simply throwing it back at the vendor if they are a car dealer (Consumer Rights Act) as unfit for purpose, or persevering and saying fix it and pay for it themselves. Either way, after such a short period of ownership the cards are all in your hand.
Whatever you decide do not be put off; and put everything in writing, including records of phone calls (time/date/contact/content).
Good Luck; because as a vehicle this is among the best I have ever owned, but only you can decide where to go with this.

Regards,
Geri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts