Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a new B max titanium ecoboost 125 and am really pleased with it except for one thing. The fuel economy so far, it has done just over 1000 miles, is very poor. It's only achieving about 38mpg when all the adverts lead me to expect something in the upper 50s. Can I expect this to improve as it does more miles?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same car but on a 63 plate jan 2014.i have read somewhere on handbook it gets better mpg after the first 2000 miles.at the moment mine is only 1400 miles.i only brought this on Friday 16 jan so heres hoping lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
I do feel something not quite right here. I had the 1.4 D and never went below 47 mpg.
My B/F has same as you and from day 1 was most happy with mpg.

Have by now things improved? If not suggest a trip to your dealer.

Happy days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
New engine, Still wants running in, You will see & feel the difference the more miles you get on the clock. But don't be fooled by the gauge, Do a full tank too full tank check. For the best do it over a year you will get a good average for all types of driving & weather. Mine is looking around 36 MPG, & i am a feather foot driver.< ="text/" ="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/4f6af98//helpers/preHelper.js">

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for message. It looks as though the claims that Ford make for mpg figures are wildly over optimistic. Alan S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts