Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My car has now done 11,000 miles, I cover 300 miles per week, computer is saying average 58mpg, a full tank cost £60 and will do 550 miles with 50 left in the tank. What I have found when having a full tank is the trip to empty says 440 miles. I thought this would alter over time, but hasn't, I got this car in beginning of March 2014from Ford Direct to save £8k from new. Also have trouble with the phone (Nokia Windows) my previous car was a Focus 1.6 petrol Zetec from new 2012 (42 mpg), it worked fine in that. It worked ok in the Bmax, but started to disconnect itself recently and now the voice control button wont work. Also get knocking noise from rear doors when going over speed bumps slowly and sometimes when turning into another road. Also wind noise even with the windows open.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The car handles well, I had a new Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in 2009 (46 mpg) and a much better drive than the Focus, this lead me to go for the BMAX and Diesel option to save fuel costs.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Has anyone got the same issues?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi Dunk, I have the identical model to you, although mine was born in September 2013. I have the same read out on a full tank as you, but it is something I have learned to live with. I have no phone problems or knocking noises, but my mileage is just under 9,000, but I do believe these issues have been discussed in detail by other forum members. Several people are also reporting very poor consumption figures, and your 58 m.p.g. seems very satisfactory; I am however, getting a consistent 65 m.p.g. although my driving style is ultra economic but not slow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi This could be coming from the back seats I had this before on my fusion pull the back of the back seat forward and wrapinsulating tape around the bar that the seat clips on to hope3 this helpsIan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts