Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got back from my local Swansea Ford dealer after reporting the shudder on my 2014 (64) B Max 1.6 gearbox.
The car is just out of warranty (Nov. 2017), but I had reported a problem over a year ago, which was addressed with a 'drive train upgraded program'.
This seemed to cure the problem for a while, but the shudder had returned in the lower gear changes.
I was informed that there is a 'Recall' on this model, but was told that Fords are not sending out letters, but waiting for customers to report this problem.
The car is now booked in for a further upgrade !!
Watch this space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can I refer you to an earlier post.

I suggest that the cause of the problem can be overcome once you have a shiny new clutch fitted if in future when you are stopped for extended periods putting the vehicle in neutral and applying the hand brake.

My suggestion is that the juddering is caused when the components over heat whilst stopped in traffic because the clutch plates bind slightly to stop the vehicle running backwards

If I am right this technique will avoid the problem.
I would be interested on other people's experience.

I am not qualified to make this judgement but do have an interest and experience with other conventional automatics with fluid clutches which are capable of slipping without grossly over-heating in normal use.

Edward

1 - 2 of 2 Posts