Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello Billyf, thank goodness for someone else with the 1.4
was beginning to think I was going to be alone! All these Ecoboosts, so green, but am amazed the mpg isn't as good as they advertise. Haven't really calculated mine yet, no onboard computing of that but hey ho I can do the maths!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi billyf,you have a 1.4 ,are you happy with it,I just got one so far so good,would like to know if you have any gripes ,really hope you haven,t though ta! (mines a zetec petrol)

·
Registered
228 Posts
As shown below, my beast is a 1.4 petrol Studio. As no computer I have to do mileage the old way - brim tank and check mileage at next fill. Done 8K and generally getting 38-39ish mixed to work and move into low 40's on a long steady run. Irritated by a number of things but none enough to make me get rid of it. (I did that with an 8-month old Hyundai ix20 - losta bundle but saved my sanity).

Geriatricus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks,glad your pleased,only had mine 2 weeks,still getting used to it,as I,ve had citroens for the last 9 years,its 9months old and done 3650 mls so hoping its had all itsglitches hence asking other 1.4 owners ifthey have had problems

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Weaver, I also have a 1.4 Zetec. Absolutely wonderful. MPG is good. 38/40 around town. Not tried a run yet. Just the gripe with the front washers otherwise no complaints yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi Romeo 13,thats what I want to hear no probs with anything major,hope you have loads of trouble free motoring,whats up with the washers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Weaver, The aim is very, very low and not aiming where it should. These jets are not adjustable like they used to be and as far as I am aware the dealers have no answer. Where do yours hit the screen?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Robert. Yes there must be some reason but I fail to see what. I have today been in touch with Ford CRC and they have referred to me to Ford Technical. I have written to them today explaining the problem and I am hoping that they will come back with something logical or a solution. Keep you posted and other complainants too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Robert. Ford Technical were not really interested saying that it is something they could not really deal with through phone or mail. There answer was just to take it back to the dealer, but as you know they are powerless to do anything. Ford Tech said let the dealer ring us. Whats the difference!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
In Canada on holiday at the moment. Will catch up with all of you when I get back. Wifi here in not easy to comebye unless your in second cup.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Apart from anything else, I feel the power behind the system is a little weak, I dare say at 60 m.p..h. gravity will push the water up the screen, but there is not much of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts