Ford B-Max Forum banner

automatic transmission problems

51K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  Mace 
This problem is becoming all too common, its about time Ford woke up to it and fitted a complete clutch mechanism as soon as the problem occurs.

dan2001 said:
It turns out the transmission error was a result of a bad earth caused when the garage replaced the original clutch pack. I am not convinced about the longevity of the car I own and will be moving on from ford b max when warranty expires-My car is not one i would want to own out of warranty. Its a shame. I love those sliding doors!!
Sounds like another fob off to me.

Does anyone own an auto b max that hasnt caused problems?

I was tempted to get one, but felt that the 1.0 123 bhp was a better bet. Without the auto gearbox issues, it is a very nice car and getting decent MPG too. I tó like the sliding doors.

The car gives me everything, small yet roomy, powerful yet economical, quiet, comfortable and well equipped at a reasonable price.

Wont work for me as i dont have an auto, but was interested in your procedure as i have seen so many people who have auto's with this problem.

I have always avoided auto's personally as they have always been problematic and expensive to resolve, both now and during my 40 years of motoring.

Unless you really need an auto e.g because of a disability, i would always suggest tbat they are best avoided, whatever make or model

I did on e consider an auto box on a 6 speed car though as i spend enough time with my hand on the gearstick on a 5 speed. That said, the manual 5 spead has well spced gear ratios on tbe b max.

Interesting article Magicgirl, it seems that Ford Europe could clearly learn a thing or two from their Australian counterparts.

They have clearly establiahed the causes of the problems and have enhanced parts to rectify them.

If Ford dont care about or resolve these problems, they will ultimately lose customerrs over the longer term as owners will migrate to their competitors. Others will buy elsewhere because of the reputational affect.

It would help if you knew what they had replaced Sadie. Any chance that you could call the garage and ask them as I'm sure it woyld be of use to all our members with auto box problems.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.