Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site. I have a ford bmax 16 plate and have already had the clutch plate changed due to the juddering problems, this was done in July last year. It has now started doing it again although not on the test drive by the ford technician, but 4 times on the way home after picking it up. Has anybody else managed to get the clutch plate changed and if so have you had any more problems. Getting fed up with it now.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
This problem is becoming all too common, its about time Ford woke up to it and fitted a complete clutch mechanism as soon as the problem occurs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Short answer is get rid of it.We are previous owners of a 14 plate titanium powershift and here is our experience.Our car had the clutch replacement July 2016 having previously tried the TCM software which failed to work after 500 miles.Since the clutchpack replacement we had small or minor juddering episodes nothing too serious however in mid February on a Friday juddering occurred and this was the final straw. Car had done 10200 miles on the 13/3/17 when it was traded in against a new Mazda cx3 automatic which is fantastic.Total mileage on the bmax was 25200 car was reliable no battery/windscreen issues or anything else of note.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We purchased our B Max in 2014, the shuddering started before 1st service, we had one of the earliest clutch replacements(we had to wait 4 months for Ford to produce this new part).
Since then the car has been back SIX times. We are now waiting for the discussion between Ford customer services and the garage to come up with something positive. We are not holding our breath. We are now considering where we go next to get the problem solved. It would be interesting to know how many other owners are suffering!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have now emailed CEO Ford UK, [email protected]ioned that he needed to see how ow ers felt. Suggest any of you with same issue hit him with email regarding your problems. Agree last resort get shot of but also some other person gets problem. Let's bombard them with complaints. Might not work but what have we got to loose!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Regarding the return of the juddering problem even though the clutch plate has been replaced. Copied my complaint to the Managing Director, Ford are telling me that the warranty on Control Mode Transmission has been extended to 5 year, Dealership told me that the juddering problem is not covered under control mode, would be nice if someone could make a decision. Have asked for clarification. The car decided not to perform the juddering for the technicians when they took it out twice when it was in for service so no further forward. Have asked Ford to provide a free of charge courtesy car so that the garage can keep it for extensive testing, awaiting a response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Getting nowhere with Ford customer relations, have to take car back to garage and it needs to do the juddering for them before they will take it any further and provide me with a courtesy car. This is despite the fact they have acknowledged the problem is under warranty by changing the clutch pack. Asked for a manager to phone me back but still waiting. Leaning towards changing the car but really don't see why I should have to, looking at all the responses it seems as though they are not capable of resolving the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It turns out the transmission error was a result of a bad earth caused when the garage replaced the original clutch pack. I am not convinced about the longevity of the car I own and will be moving on from ford b max when warranty expires-My car is not one i would want to own out of warranty. Its a shame. I love those sliding doors!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
dan2001 said:
It turns out the transmission error was a result of a bad earth caused when the garage replaced the original clutch pack. I am not convinced about the longevity of the car I own and will be moving on from ford b max when warranty expires-My car is not one i would want to own out of warranty. Its a shame. I love those sliding doors!!
Sounds like another fob off to me.

Does anyone own an auto b max that hasnt caused problems?

I was tempted to get one, but felt that the 1.0 123 bhp was a better bet. Without the auto gearbox issues, it is a very nice car and getting decent MPG too. I tó like the sliding doors.

The car gives me everything, small yet roomy, powerful yet economical, quiet, comfortable and well equipped at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ford and the Ford dealerships all know that this is a standard problem. They will all try to fob you off with all excuses, Ford don't want to have to recall because of cost. The clutch replacements are on back order with long waiting list, so unless you kick up big time they won't do anything. Dealers have been fantastic, do all they can, the problem lies with Ford Motors.

We have had 2nd clutch assembly 2 weeks ago, so far the
car actually changes gear, not sure it has ever done that correctly. However not complacent, will wait to see how long before problem 're-occurs!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts