Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had replacement clutch pack fitted April 2018,car running great since then but I have got into the habit of putting the car in neutral everytime I stop at lights or in traffic do I need to do this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hadrian1. Then dont do it at all - PLEASE. You will find a lever between the seats, it puts the rear brakes on without blinding and wearing out brakelight bulbs or more importantly causing front discs to loose heat unevenly when clamped on while stationary.
Lucas. I believe the clutch disengages completely after a couple of seconds of foot off accelelator. You can feel it when parking on a hill and having applied handbrake. The worse thing we can do is constantly creep forwards. Move forwards- stop - wait - move fordards - stop.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hadrian1. Then dont do it at all - PLEASE. You will find a lever between the seats, it puts the rear brakes on without blinding and wearing out brake light bulbs or more importantly causing front discs to loose heat unevenly when clamped on while stationary.
A handbrake, what an interesting concept :smile_big:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.