Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of my new B-Max yesterday and was surprised that the door locks do not activate when you move off ? or is there a settingI ammissing

Will

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
As a matter of interest, will the automatically locked doors open automatically in the case of an accident if the engine keeps running? I drove a car in a foreign country with this facility and was surprised to hear it locking. I have never had a UK car which did that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hyundai doors used to lock automatically, but could be overridden with ease. B Max doors when locked can still be opened from inside; not sure what happens with an impact, but guess if the occupants are unable to open doors themselves it is pretty serious, and the chances are that cutting gear will be needed to open the car regardless whether locked or not. Not a great fan of anything automatic - whether it be gears, lights, wipers, stop start or locks - I like to be in control.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I assume you had manually locked them? I never do that in the UK but have done in unfamiliar countries where it looks 'dodgy'.

Did the airbags operate? If so which ones.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I tend to manually lock my doors in cities and in areas close to government offices, where hijacking could be an issue, but out on the open road it is better to be unlocked. Southern Europe and Spain locked all the time, and revolver loaded and ready !!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
makem said:
I assume you had manually locked them? I never do that in the UK but have done in unfamiliar countries where it looks 'dodgy'.

Did the airbags operate? If so which ones.
no more dodgy makem than toxteth (liverpool) front dash airbags deployed nothing else..

Edited by: philnicandamy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts