Ford B-Max Forum banner

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cianpars 
#1 ·
Bought some of this and wonder about the order of application. Bottle says that it seals in the paint and polish suggesting that it should be applied after polishing. So is the procedure polish, apply sealant then wax?

Does anyone use this and can comment on how long the sealant lasts?

Also, i feel that pressure washing may be removing the wax. Any comment? It is great for cleaning the alloys though.Edited by: cianpars

#2 ·
Ye, you've got it in the right order. Personally, i'd first strip the paint of everything using detergent, then clay, re-wash, polish, seal and wax.I've had mixed results with sealant and they don't seem to last long, so now I wash, polish and wax. I clay the car twice a year.
Whatever you choose, never, ever use a sponge or wash leather. Use a lambswool mit and a drying cloth.
I only use jetwash under the wheel arches, it's not ideal to use one on alloy wheels, Mr Karcher is very good at fetching off the lacquer and within a few months your alloys are ruined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.