Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were searching Auto Trader today, and found that a SECOND HAND BMAX Titanium with the following spec :-

<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: line; : transparent;">1.6 powershift, 2012, 5 Doors, Automatic, Hatchback, Petrol, Metallic Black.[/b]

ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Adjustable seats, Alloy wheels, Air conditioning, Body kit, CD, Central locking, Child locks, Cloth upholstery, Climate Control, Colour coding - Body, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Heated screen, Locking wheel nuts, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel...

This was used as a 'Test Drive' car for the dealer. and has been looked after.

For £14,000 with only 1,000 miles on the clock. Dealer based in London (SW17 0BW)

Thought one of you may be interested, or know someone who may be looking for one.

Source Site :http://goo.gl/1uT5a

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh... My brother is much the same... He is after a 2.0 Ford Focus Titanium X... we have seen many of them in magazines, and at dealerships.... but he's rejected them, because of the colour.

When the Motability person at the ford dealership asked me what colour I wanted, I just said which ever you can get here the fastest... so it wasTectonicSilver. Idon'tmind driving a car that looks like they forgot to paint it... makes no odds to me..

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the silver, had a silver Fusion, but have always avoided black, think it used to be thought the colour that had the most accidents but maybe not any more . . . I'm old fashioned.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always think that a Black coloured car does not show off the lines or angles of the car, in much the same a lighter colour would. <div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;">I believe more detail is shown on a car if not coloured black. But, everyone has their preferences, some people may want to dress in leather, jump over the hood of their BLACK coloured BMAX and pretend they are reliving the TV show Knight Rider..... Takes all sorts...

<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ahh, now don't forget that all of us will eventually drive off in a black coloured vehicle at the end of our tethers so to speak
, unless, of course, that colour suddenly goes out of fashion don't you know
!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HenryFord liked Black, remember what he said : "..<b style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.1875px;">Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black![/b].."

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seeing I only paid £15300 for a brand new Titanium spec with Metalic paint and a £600 camera it does not seem that much of a bargain.
I had to take the minimum credit but only for a month to get that price

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you got a great deal there too Rogerhume,

I built the spec the ad has supplied from auto trader, on fords website and the final bill for everything stated in the ad came to £18,405.00
a difference of £4,405 between the second hand titanium, and what the 'configure vehicle' designer is saying...

Anyway, just putting theauto traderad out there for visibility

Source Site :http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/ConfigureYourVehicle/ConfigureVehicle

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you find the cheapest new price on the internet and haggle try to get it direct from a dealer at the same price.
I found a pre reg titanium on line before Xmas that I would have had but it did not have a camera so I declined, I got an offer for the same price plus the price of the camera £600 from the same dealer, was able to choose the spec including colour but had to wait 2 months for delivery.
The £1000 refund credit offer was a bonus to bring it down to £15300.LinkEdited by: rogerhume

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was quoted £17,575.00 OTRPrice, less Ford/Dealer saving of £750.00. Then on top of that P/Ex of my present car of £4500.00. All that equates too £12,325. Add on the extras and I have a new car for £12,925.00
All in all, not a bad deal me thinks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn't mention my trade in was £5000 which was as much as I was offered for a new Toyota and trade in was also a Toyota
More than the quote on "we buy any car" as well
I just tried my 2 month old Bmax on that site £11445 :)
They sold my Toyota in a week for £1000 more but I had tried to sell it privately for that without even an offer.
It is important to do some research before you enter a showroom and always buy when business is slow at the end of the month.
December is good as showrooms are empty, and don't have a test drive as it puts you on the back foot.
Has anyone ever turned down a sale after a test drive? A Renault dealer threatened to charge me for petrol when he could not get the car I wanted after a test drive. Never went there again.Edited by: rogerhume

·
Registered
47 Posts
One man's meat and all that.
I had wanted silver, my wife the bronze, so we compromised on panther black. The first black car I have had, and I am very happy with it. Shows the dirt though, but then every colour will, unless they bring out a colour-way called Dirt by Twilight!

·
Registered
96 Posts
120PS 1.0 Ltr Zetec in Panther black, brand new £13810.
That includes the finance contribution and full settlement fee.

Oh! and I git a set of mats but could only get £20 worth of petrol :)

Geoff

·
Registered
3 Posts
We got our 13-plate, red, 1.0 Ecoboost, Zetecwith 11,100 on the clock for £10,260, less than 12 months old, and with £2600 part ex for our grand old C-Max. Couldn't get new Sill and Boot protectors thrown in, but got £20 worth of petrol and mats. Love the car and happy with the deal through our local Ford dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts