Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really fed up with them at the moment.

When set to auto they come on even when the sun is out now. Previously they seemed to come on early, long before the street lights came on but now I cannot leave them on auto. Consequently I forgot one evening and by the time I got into town it was dark but of course the place was well light.

I wondered what I had done wrong when I was sopped by Police who said I did not have lights on. It took a while to explain why and the comment made was, "stupid idea to have lights at the front and none at the rear at the same time".

It is so easy when you see the garage wall lit up to subconsciously think your dipped beams are on and drive off without rear lights. The manual warns about this so it must be a hazard they are aware of but have not considered necessary to address.

I can't understand why if we have driving lights at the front which have no control over, why don't we have 'sidelights' at the rear at the same time? Why can we not have some control over this lighting even if it does use miniscule amounts of fuel because it is LED?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi makem
I'm due to get my B-Maxsometime this month. I have to say, Ford are not on their own with this, as BMW, AUDI, and most other new models allseem to have the 'latest fashion' of this idea of side lights front, but no rear lights.Fine while the daylight is around, but as you have noted, not a lot of good at night
I think you're lucky not too get booked, if this happened after dusk.
As you say, it needs addressing byFord - oh no, not another
button!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts