Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a 1.6 Petrol, Auto. 13 Plate.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The intermittent fault is when setting off from standing there are 3 or 4 loud bangs or judders from the front end, similar feeling to the anti-lock kicking in or as if you just ran over 3 pot holes. (easily done in Sheffield but not where it does this)
It is not all the time and typically it's when hill start and turning, i.e. T junction but it can also do it when standing start to straight as well.

Generally the gear box always feels like it's in the wrong gear, over raving when you feel it should have changed up already and almost stalling when rolling up to a junction then setting off. It's never stalled but felt close resulting in flooring the accelerator to try and pull it back but this judder could be the same issue as the standing start and not a stall.

Can't force it to do it on test drives but is at least once or twice a day and seems to be worst when wet but again cannot force it to do it.

The noise and judder is so bad the passengers ask what have you just hit and we have received some looks from outside as well so assume it's not just an internal noise.

Any suggestions as I am just ben told there is no updates for the engine management or gearbox and have been unable to reproduce with a technician in the car.

P.S.
Don't know if its related but the front alloys are black min. after washing, thought the break dust would ease up when no longer new but got quite a few miles on it now and there still blacking up really quick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Been having similar problems finally on 2nd visit back to workshop mechanic managed to get car to do it, knows what it is as had car in with same problem, evidently it needs new clutch pack.
Only had car since September, not happy with it at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

The banging and brake dust could be a fault on the "assisted hill start" with the system holding on or sticking.

In so far as the clutch is concerned, I had problems from day one with judder and clutch disc smelling ie burn. I insisted that the clutch assy be changed which the dealer did.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my 2013 plate 1.6 Petrol automatic juddering. So Ford should have known about this problem months and months ago.My car has been into the Ford Main Agent twice now and they still say they cannot find anything wrong when their mechanic drives the car. Friend has found some Ford information sheets which lists this defect for 2011 to 2014 Fietas.So I shall be back to Ford shortly with more information.I have not noticed the "stalling" problem you describe.Peter KEdited by: Peter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Clutch judder...for b max read fiesta , its the same clutch.check out youtube fiesta clutch ....theres a clear explanation of the problem ...oil seal leaking .mine is booked in under warrenty.Interesting that in USA warrenty have been extended for clutches

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I have the same problem on my b-max 63 plate...seems worse when warmed up or on hills. Garage says it may be the clutch pack. Warrantee issue but not very happy as I only have 15K on the clock.

Delboy01

·
Registered
30 Posts
Clutch judder...mine worse on warm up .that because oil seal leaking.ford change black oil seal to an improved brown one! My upgrade has been delayed as they have run out of seals?????

·
Registered
16 Posts
My mum has had the same problem with her B-max.

We ended up having the clutch pack replaced and then a few weeks later, a new flywheel and crankshaft position sensor!

·
Registered
62 Posts
They should go to Blasket Islands off Ireland's West coast, they have 2nd largest colony of seals in Europe! That brown seal sounds like someone had an accident in pants!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts