Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a minor query.
On my previous cars, all Fiestas, the radio could be switched on without ignition and timed out automatically after 1 hour. If the radio was on with ignition, turning the ignition off turned the radio off.

Has anyone noticed that the B max diiffers in that when the ignition is switched off the radio stays on.
Also ifturning the radio on without ignition there does not appear to be a 1 hour cut off. The obvious danger is that the radio could be on when vacating the vehicle.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thecigarettepower points last for 30 minutes after the
ignitionis switched off... thats about all I can find on the subject, other then with keyless entry, if you take the key fob away from the car, the ignition will automatically switch off, but as you say that does not neglect the fact that the audio system remains on.. Bit of a worry

·
Registered
30 Posts
The radio switches off as soon as a door is opened. This is so you don't lose your bluetooth connection if you switch engine off if you are making a phone call. If you turn radio on with ignition off it will stay on for one hour

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks to Monty and DZ for replying.
As Monty says opening the door does the job. I found out accidentally this morning as I was putting my bits and bobs in the car - first decent warmish day since Ive had it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Right D_Z,
Could there be a point to your last piece of messaging per chance young man
, as the sun has been out, and about over here as well
!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts