Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

For no apparent reason, I am no longer getting audible text alerts, although the text symbol appears in the display. The text alerts box is checked. Any ideas?Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...and your point is Hywel? Ignore a feature that should be there.
Now that's jolly helpful. So glad my Ford dealer is only too happy to help and at no charge.Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
64 Posts
Willow said:
...and your point is Hywel? Ignore a feature that should be there.
Now that's jolly helpful. So glad my Ford dealer is only too happy to help and at no charge.
Nice to know there are still dealers out there who have the time to look at something like this. I must admit I didn't even know you got text alerts on a Bmax. Is it available on all models or just Titanium ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
On my first B-Max 2013 model, it would read out the latest text if I asked it, on my latest one 2016 model, if I ask it to read text, it says not available on this model, I only discovered this feature a week before I got the new one, so I was very dissapointed when this one would not do it, my B-max's are identical in trim both Titanium, does anyone else use this read text feature ?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My 2016 titanium x reads texts ok, Shame I don't get that many texts as its a nice feature.

Phone compatability may be an issue for some, but apparently not for you, Jack and Willow, as you have presumably used the same phone before.

I guess there is another reason we are yet to fathom.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jackkook

You may like to try this. Get somebody to send you a text when in your car. When the text envelope appears in the display, select 'phone' prompt from the steering wheel, then say phone > read message, not read text, as it won't recognize the latter command.

Sorry if you have already tried this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts