Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to raise some enthusiasm for meetings between owners, cavalcades of B-MAX's and touring travel partner vehicles/groups.

All to no avail, so I ask the question, "Are B-MAX owners insular"?

I see other car owners with forums such as this one where meetings are arranged. I see groups of vehicles traveling together in cavalcades but this group do not seem to be at all interested in anything sociable.

Perhaps the B-MAX is an 'old mans car' and old men are less likely to be sociable? Can't be true surely?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hywel S Wales said:
Classic cars or boy racer gatheringsI can understand, but B Maxes ? Maybe not !
What a downer

So anyone who taking up anything I suggested including traveling in a pair or group would be a boy racer?

Does it really have to be a classic car? The B-MAX is different so could qualify and any vehicle, car or not looks great in a convoy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A bit late with my thoughts on this thread. Sorry.
I don't know about insular, but possibly B-Max owners do not see their cars in a special way so as to get involved with meet-ups etc.

I must admit a road trip does have an appeal, and something I would like to do at some point, but one next year is not something I am able to commit to I'm afraid. Plus I'd like to have a go at trying to 'convert' my car to suit such an excursion as another member has (can't remember who and couldn't quickly find thread).

In the new year, I was going to see if anybody would be attending any Ford car shows, with a view to possibly having a kind of informal meet. Again, the B-Max is probably not a car that would necessarily inspire other 'blue oval' fans if we had / could muster up a proper stand.

I just don't think the B-Max is that kind of car, hence Hywel's comment. Can't really picture a convoy of B-Max's meeting-up at the Ace Café and then doing a midnight tunnel run etc.

I think that the B-Max might just be seen as too practical and a bit of a mature persons car to warrant showing-off or being proud of. Are their such things as C-Max / Kuga / EcoSport meets? Other Ford models have a lot more history / cars / owners, whereas the B-Maxhas only3 years in reality.

The B-Max doesn't even warrant a Haynes Workshop Manual (I've never seen one!) for goodness sake - not sure what that says about the B-Maxand theirowners.

We can only keep chipping away and see if a meet is finally possible in 2016.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayner73 said:
A bit late with my thoughts on this thread. Sorry.
Plus I'd like to have a go at trying to 'convert' my car to suit such an excursion as another member has (can't remember who and couldn't quickly find thread).
I understand your thoughts, thank you.

What conversions do you have in mind? A trailer, roof rack?

We will be going to visit Malmo to drive over the bridge in the 'Bridge' Swedish drama currently on TV. Also a trip to Italy but I don't see a need for conversions. We would also like to fit in a West coast Scotland tour.

We have two folding bikes which fit in the boot and there is enough room for a suitcase and snack/drink container. We went to Amsterdam like that.

I have roof rails fitted now and the cross bars to go with them so may use a box of some sort on longer trips.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Makem
No, nothing as conventional as a trailer / roof rack, I'm afraid.

I've found the forum topic now!

Something like this:
http://www.bmaxownersclub.co.uk/forum/newbie-from-italy_topic893.html

When I do a road-trip, I'd like to have the ability to just park-up at a camp site or wherever (legally of course) with just the car - no external add-ons.

Plus it would give me a winter project.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see.

I have done caravanning and motor homingaround the world so now having done it I prefer B & B where possible to meet the 'natives' or small hotels for some comfort and a shower (hot, not cold)

Good luck with the project. Could you actually sleep in there in comfort as well?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd still like to make some stop-offs in B+Bs / hotels as well for some 'home comforts' though, but just have the flexibility if the driving allowed me to go further.
Not sure if it is truly possible, but I'd have to try and make it comfortable... somehow.

Having watched The Long Way Round / Down, there are too many places I'd like to drive - tarmac allowing!

However, if I included Italy on my travels then I would have to drive along the Amalfi coast (a bit cliche / predictable).

I hope your plans and journeys go well.

(Thread drift! - Oops!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Other car clubs succeed because they all have something different to show off - modified cars or classic / rare examples. Whereas the majority here have standard B-Maxes and whilst there is nothing wrong with that I don't think it appeals to go and see others cars when you could just look outside!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
We are also fairly scattered around the country, so perhaps a Northern club and a Southern club, rally, meeting or somethingmight be more suitable.
I do occasionally go to classic car rallies and see a lot of different old classics, customised versions, souped up versions, restored versions and lots of other things, but a B Max event, I'm not so sure about as we will all have more or less the same vehicle.

Would be interested to hear from anyone customising their B Max though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi to all club members, just thought i would wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & TROUBLE FREE NEW YEAR from Leicestershire.
Had a call from my Ford dealer a few days ago
offering me a new B Max, at a very special reduced price, but however pushed he he would NOT reveal what the price was! So, if you are looking for a 1.00ltr Titanium, in silver with satnav, it could be a good buy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A Happy New Year to you redfive, my dealer too has some stashed away, but I did not want to change yet, as I have only had this one 15 months, but it has done 25000 miles.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ive pur over 9000 miles on the clock in 11 months. For the past few years, ive only been doing 3 or 4k per year.

I find the b max so comfortable and really enjoy driving it. The 123 bhp engine is a belter.

Ive never known a car get so dirty as the b max though. Im forever having to clean it.

Happy new year to all fellow and fellowess b maxers.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do not think a B-Max is an old mans car,perhaps more a car for the sensible.

Classic car meetings give you something to talk about.
Questions about how did you fix it,what did you modify,where did you find the parts.
I reckon most B-Max cars are very much alike and simply too fresh to have extensive discussions about.

Sorry to be so down to earth.

Paul.

·
Registered
178 Posts

1. <LI>
    <DIV =dc_nml>
    <DIV =dc_pm>
    <DIV =dc_mn>Insular makem! Definition- ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience: No -no we'er just old and knackered...
    well I am...

</LI>

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Paul

I think it's proably safe to say, the B-Max appeals to those in the Autumn of their years. Hope that's PC enough

Having said that, I occasionally pass a B-Max driven by a young lady with little ones' in the back. But the majority of drives I have seen on my travells, do appear much older. My father in law has a Titanium and he is 83.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dear Willow,

We better get used to more senior citizens because there will be more and more of us over the years to come,as can be noticed in every corner of society.

The car manufacturers have picked up the trend.
More and more socalled SUVs will be put on the market,and rightly so.
With our sore musles and old bones we need cars which give high seat positions and easy ways to get in and out.
Must say that since we were seated high in our KAs and now are seated high in the B-Max there is no way back,gone are the days we had to submarine our way into a low riding socalled sportive car.
The other day i was crawling over the pavement in an attempt to enter the new Fiesta of a friend of ours,the very steep A style was having an argument with my stiff neck.
Specific Japanese cars i find impossible to sit in with my length of nearly 2 mtrs,as such goodbye to the Japanese!

Having said all this,i could not care less about what other people think what sort of car i should drive,and that includes my own relatives!
I have driven all sorts of cars,fancy and less fancy,with people always having someting to say about what i should drive.
What do you mean with "should" ?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts