Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my B-Max for early two weeks so far. The most annying thing is the near side rear window that just wont close
it goes up and down again, up and down again!! the I foundit will close if I use both buttons for the back window. Am taking it back tobe sorted Have had Fords for about 20 years, Fiestas, Fusions and now the B-Max. I am reserving comment on the build quality, but having already got a chip on the paint at the front the thickness looks very 'thin' if you know what I mean!Am very pleased to find this forum, am sure it wil be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!
,With the B-max only just out a couple of hopefully minor niggles are to be expected - it's how they are dealt with and put right that matters really. Hope it's a simple fix - let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the window has sorted itself out maybe condensation in the sensor or something but it is fine now. Other problems were driver error
had the heating on recycle and wondered why I couldn't get cool air when I needed it! I am impressed generally with the room in the car. clever designing means it feels very roomy nad the rear seat passengers have plenty of leg room. Lots of room for the grandson's baby seat and still having the front seat passenger comfortable. Am now wondering about getting the 3 year servicing plan. any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No but read on here somewhere that they are paying £11 month? At first I wasn't sure it was value for money but if minimum servicing is £160 then it maybe but only if the figures are accurate!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was wondering if this might be the bounce back feature (Page 48 of Manual) of the window sticking on something. If it detects something obstructing the glass, it reverses the motor a small distance. Designed forsafetyof children not getting their arms chopped off probably.

The feature can be disabled by:-

Closing the window twice until it reaches
the point of resistance and let it
reverse.
Close the window a third time to the
point of resistance. The bounce-back
feature is now disabled and you can
close the window manually. The
window will go past the point of
resistance and you can close it fully.

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">DANGER : Window will nolonger stop when obstructed
<div style="text-align: center;">KEEP CHILDREN CLEAR OF WINDOW CONTROLS / WINDOW OPENING !!!!!
<div style="text-align: center;">

In this case, I would try disabling the bounce back feature, and then open and close the window a few times in hope that what ever was making it stick, would be dislodged by force of the window moving, then restore the bounce back feature.

To restore the Bounce Back feature:

Lift and hold the switch until thewindow is fully closed.
Release the switch, then l
ift the switch again for one more
second.
Press and hold the switch until the
window is fully open, then r
elease the switch.
Lift and hold the switch until the
window is fully closed.
Open the window and then try to close
it automatically.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts