Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

So, my name is Scrooge, (well not really that's what people call me...don't know why...ahem) and I am hoping to take delivery of my B-Max next week. 2014 model but only done 2k miles as it's an ex-mobility car. So the car is a 1.6 automatic and in deep impact blue. Sensational! Can't wait to get my mitts on her.

So can anyone recommend a good name for my 'new' B-Max please? I'd be very grateful as long as I don't have to pay!

Okay, be back soon, bye for now. :)Edited by: Scrooge

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think you should call it 'Carol'
(Dickens' 1843 novella 'A Christmas Carol', was the one featuring Scrooge), it also has car in it ;-)

Edited by: Gremlin

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Oh dear, an automatic. Soon be hearing from you regarding clutch judder then.

It may be worth you reading through the forum before taking it back to be fixed.

Also, that engine in an auto can be a bit thirsty, especially around town.

You may want to call it lemon.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe you got a good one (give it a good testing.) If so, call it "lucky"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Hywel S Wales, I sure hope it's a good one. In fact I KNOW it will be a good one, it's got to be. lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
My son borrowed my BMax for a long trip, as it was more comfortable for four people than his Audi S3. With apologies to anyone that shares the name, but he called it Barry BMax, as it was not exciting, not cool, but very practical and sensible.Sorry Barrys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh cianpars, you really did make me laugh. I've had automatic cars for the past 30 years, including a fabulous automatic Allegro! Never had a problem with any of them.

I have always loved automatics and once you get the hang of them and drive them properly they are fab cars. What some people don't understand is that there is an art to driving automatics, the same as driving manuals. Some people throw their passengers around as they go around corners, slam their brakes on at the last minute etc. Auto's are the same, but take the time to learn how to drive them and they really are the best cars to either drive or be a passenger. There... I've said my piece. Comments please....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi number 6! Yes Barry, we did think of that name. But at the moment Bertie is at the top of the list. Bertie B-Max. Sounds good huh?

Yes I agree that they may not be the most exciting cars around. But I am not 60, going on 20. But I am retired, and have been for a number of years. So I don't need to belt about here and there at great speeds. I drive sensibly and steady. Seldom break speed limits so for me, it suits me fine.

A friend of mine has just bought a 1 year old Porshe. Silly man is a year older than me. You should watch him trying to get in and out of the damned thing! :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, sorry to be negative about the gearbox, but they have been a bit of a problem with some recent Fords. I quite like auto boxes, but they often change up and down when you dont want them to and do use more fuel and the 1.6 ford engine is also a thisty beast and ive had 3 of them.

Th b max itself is a lovely car and i am finding the 1.0 123 bhp version a pleasure to drive with good fuel economy and plenty oof power. I was tempted to get an auto when i bought it, but only manual was available with the 1.0.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome along. It's not that people don't know how to drive them or that the box itself is not that great. It's that there is a very big and well known problem with them that will take many dealer visits to fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts