Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, took delivery of our 2015 B-Max Ecoboost Zetec last week and so far we're delighted with our choice! I'm trying to get my head round all the bits and pieces on the Information Display and wondered what the "Emergency Assist" function is? I looked in our handbook but can't find anything in there - although admittedly I haven't read it from cover to cover...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome Vannie.

That'll be one of the bluetooth phone SYNC features.
As long as you have a mobile phone SYNCED (connected), then in an emergency (car immobile, airbags deployed etc) it will automatically call emergency services and tell them your location.
Hope we never need it !

Enjoy your new car !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John

Would have been useful for the manual to have mentioned that (or does it? Certainly isn't in the index at the back). However, I haven't (yet) synced my phone to the car. I had that with my old Fiesta and ran the battery down by staying on a call after turning off the engine! As there are usually two of us in the car, I probably won't bother unless I'm going somewhere on my own...as for my husband, he can barely use a smartphone so he's not likely to want to use the phone while driving :)

We love the car - compared to my 2014 KA and my hubby's 2009 Focus, this is soooo quiet and spacious and the CD/radio is so clear. What else could we ask for?!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Vannnie said:
Thanks John

>>>>...We love the car - compared to my 2014 KA and my hubby's 2009 Focus, this is soooo quiet and spacious and the CD/radio is so clear. What else could we ask for?!
It's a shame that Ford no longer make them. If they could have sorted out the auto gearbox problems, and some of the other niggly faults, it would have been even better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Vannie.
Welcome.
There should also be a booklet in the driver handbooks pack specifically for the Sync functions.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hadrian1 said:
Vannnie said:
Thanks John

>>>>...We love the car - compared to my 2014 KA and my hubby's 2009 Focus, this is soooo quiet and spacious and the CD/radio is so clear. What else could we ask for?!
It's a shame that Ford no longer make them. If they could have sorted out the auto gearbox problems, and some of the other niggly faults, it would have been even better.
They have, eventually, sorted the powershift problems. The last clutch pack is a good fix but I think that Ford saw the Bmax market as too small and maybe the, then, unsolved powershift problems helped them to make their decision.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

My own take is that all the manufacturers flocked in to the mini-MPV market and flooded it. Now they are all pulling out again, but the market is still there as a niche. For me this looks like one or two marques will hang on and monopolise the remaining purchases.
Unfortunately for us the B-Max, which is the most useful, has fallen foul of the (previous) American Chairman who dictated that the future money to be in Crossovers/SUV's and they would concentrate on them.
If they were still in manufacture I would have another B-Max like a shot, and it would be on order now as mine approaches its third birthday. As far as I can see the only reasonable replacement for size/access is the Fiat 500L, but I am reluctant to move away from my great B-Max.
Just my take on a frustrating situation.

Cheers,
Geri

P.S. Don't mention Hyundai/Kia as I had horrendous experience with them.
PPS Just realised how far off topic this is, so I apologise!

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
178 Posts
Geriatricus

Look out for the new Fiesta Active, due out later this year, which is to replace the B-Max and not the Ecosport as some will have you believe, which is a much older modle than the B-Max.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've just being waiting for someone to place a reply, for I didn't want to disturb the cuteness of Geriatricus' post. :">
It is superb in my opinion and it is very similar to what I'd write following my view over B-MAX nowadays! ;;)
(I kept the page opened in a a tab and just re-read it once or twice a day!.. :> )

·
Registered
107 Posts
First drive of a Ford Fiesta Active X 1.0T 140PS in the latest Autocar magazine. Price £21,090 for this top spec but the tester said it retains pretty much all thats good about a Fiesta. Ford estimates 15% of buyers will have one.Four and a half stars out of five scored. A small photo also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts