Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger on a new Puma and traded in the B Max, so won't be around the forum so much now. Thanks to everyone who has helped me and I hope that my input here has been of help to others.

The B Max is now 4.5 years old with over 37k miles on the clock and needs a few jobs doing soon, so a good time to trade in. I shall be really sad to see it go though as it's been a brilliant little car with all of the range topping extras.

Happy motoring and good luck to all you remaining B Maxers. I will still be dropping in here from time to time to see how you are all getting along.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do Gremlin. Haven't been far in it yet, but it doesn't seem to be any more powerful than the B-MAX even though so the 0 to 60 time is supposed to be a second quicker. Boot is absolutely massive. Sync 3 and a big screen is nice compared to the little satnav in the B Max, though the B Max systems seemed to do a lot more in some respects. Certainly easier to use than Sync 3, but I haven't really got used to it yet. Also having to get used to the fact that it is about 5 inches longer and a couple of inches wider.

To everyone else, thanks for your good wishes.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Another goodbye coming up. I have taken the plunge and ordered a new Kia Soul EV. About another month before i take delivery.
Big decision on my part. I've been looking at Hybrid and Electric for over a year now. (Gave me something to do during lockdown last year !)

My B Max will be part/ex in the deal. They never offer you what you believe your car is worth do they !!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good luck with the new EV.
When i traded up to the B-max i actually got more than i thought for part ex on my old car ( especially as it was a B,O,S ).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI, the Ford dealer offered me £7k for the B Max and eventually gave me £7,250 for it. It was on sale on their forecourt a couple of days later for £9,250 and was sold within a day or two.

It did need new front pads and disks though (any idea how much this woukd have saved me from spending?).

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI, the Ford dealer offered me £7k for the B Max and eventually gave me £7,250 for it. It was on sale on their forecourt a couple of days later for £9,250 and was sold within a day or two.

It did need new front pads and disks though (any idea how much this woukd have saved me from spending?).

£175 for front pads and discs

£179 for rear shoes - was told the online price on Ford for drums AND shoes for £179 was wrong…….about a year ago - still on there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've just popped back on here briefly.
We Part exchanged our BMax Powershift for a new Yaris about four months ago. Very pleased with it so far, although it doesn't have so much carrying capacity. It was coming up for brakes to be done so we saved a little there. Doing a quick check, I found it hasn't been re taxed up to August 17th. Apart from disc pads etc, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. So if anyone is after a Powershift FL64TWW would be a good buy. Unless someone has bought it and given it a personalized Reg ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've just popped back on here briefly.
We Part exchanged our BMax Powershift for a new Yaris about four months ago. Very pleased with it so far, although it doesn't have so much carrying capacity. It was coming up for brakes to be done so we saved a little there. Doing a quick check, I found it hasn't been re taxed up to August 17th. Apart from disc pads etc, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. So if anyone is after a Powershift FL64TWW would be a good buy. Unless someone has bought it and given it a personalized Reg ?
Just to add. It seems someone has now bought it and changed the reg to L6JAW.... Anyone on here ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts