Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with interior rattles? We have just bought 2013 B Max and have unknown rattle passenger side and a rattling window button control panel - driver's side. Still under warranty would rattles be covered? Also can anyone tell me what the fan noise is that comes on when opening door please? AND I also have the ghost (as mentioned by others) window opener in the back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a 2012 fiesta with an annoying minor rattle that eluded me, the wife, ford, and all the passengers that heard it, gave up on it in the end. Just taken delivery of a 2014 b max titanium and you've guessed it has the exact same rattle. Going to ignore this one as well. Great car, love it,

·
Registered
25 Posts
I find a bit of trim rattles now and again, more so after I've cleaned it for some reason! Annoying to say the least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have answered a post "Drivers Door lining" on how I have removed squeaks and Rattles which may help. I have only been a member from yesterday so look for postings by "SeaPea" hope this is of use. I note you say these return after cleaning suggesting you are washing body oils from the gaps in the trim. Don't want you to stop cleaning but 2 suggestions 1. Spray on the cloth when cleaning trim joining areas. 2. Relubricate with one of the two methods described in my post. Both WD40 and Graphite will potentially be washed out by spray application. So far the main culprits to be are the gloss black trim above the radio and the gloss black butt area on the door handle. Change black for your interior colour as required. If you discover more post them and treat them one at a time to see what works so you can pass it on. Oh and I have to say it's still a pretty quiet car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an annoying rattle (more like clunking) coming from
the nearside rear of my one week old Bmax Titanium 125ps car - took the parcel
shelf & boot shelf out with no difference; however when I dropped the rear
passenger side seatback to load something, the rattle disappeared. It seems the
lower part of the seat retracts & drops to allow the seatback to fold down
& the mechanism is causing the noise. The car was at the Main Dealer for
the last two day getting part of the front bumper repainted due to a scratch
caused when they fitted parking sensors before delivery - they had a look at this rattle &
another one in the driver side A pillar. They have heard the rear noise &
have agreed there is a problem & have asked for the car to be left with
them for a full day so they can strip out the whole back seat to find the problem
& hopefully sort it.

No joy yet with the A pillar but got a petrol funnel
& the
floor mat studs replaced (broken when changing the velour carpet s to rubber
ones).

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I remember right I had an intermittent 'rattle' from around the passenger seat area - simply moving the seat a bit cured it ... otherwise I have an occasionally squeaking/ groaning dash - as it's intermittent I shan't be doing anything about it - maybe turn the radio up a bit :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2012 1.4 ford bmax love the car had it approx 3 months, however I have acquired a few noises coming from both sliding doors, more so when I go over bumps or the car does a twisting movement (going from two different ground heights) wondered if anyone else had this problem and how to solve it?
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 2014 Titanium X has, SO FAR, no little rattles. However, very occasionally, when turning sharply in either direction, there is what I can only describe as a clunk/boing from the rear offside. I checked the spring and it seems OK.Any ideas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sometimes get a whining noise coming from the passenger seat area, especially if I'm 'making progress' as the Police describe it. For some reason it only happens when my wife is in the car!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There have been a few reports of annoying rattles which require the door trim being removed and everything inside being tightened up.

I had a clunk from the rear, which I originally thought was related to a sliding door, but I eventually tracked it down to the false boot floor bouncing when going over big bumps. Not a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts