Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help ? I have a 1.6 Auto Titanium. The Ambient Lighting does not appear to be working.

·
Registered
24 Posts
is it turned on in the radio menu? under car settings i think of the top of my head.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its very hard to see the red foot well glow in the daylight, but you knowthere are on by the two small red down lights next to the front interior/Reading lights next to the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help. I am unable to use my car at the present, owing to a knee op. <div abp="895">I will try out your advice as soon as i can.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have noticed the two red ambient lights by the rear view mirror, but to be honest I cannot recall seeing any foot well lights operating after dark !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is also a light in your middle console, below the climate control cluster. So actually there is even more light. When in the dark, just turn the lights off and in in your car menu, and you will notice them.

2 in the light unit in the roof
2 in the footwell (very dim)
1 in the middle console

A strip like in the fiesta above the dash cabinet is not there, or at least in my B-max not yet :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes make sure that it's turned on under car settings on the menu button. I too have seen the little red dots not too sure of the value of having ambient lighting above the rear view mirror, maybe somebody out there can convince me or am I missing something. I agree with OmeJoyo the footwell lighting is very dim and I would struggle to find a pound coin if dropped. Don't drop one then I hear everyone cry!! Having moaned about ambient lighting it's a very minor thing and definitely not worth getting lathered up about.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree, the ambient lighting for this model is nothing to get excited about. There isn't even an option to increase brightness, which for some might be a blessing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
metalmickyc said:
Yes make sure that it's turned on under car settings on the menu button. I too have seen the little red dots not too sure of the value of having ambient lighting above the rear view mirror, maybe somebody out there can convince me or am I missing something. I agree with OmeJoyo the footwell lighting is very dim and I would struggle to find a pound coin if dropped. Don't drop one then I hear everyone cry!! Having moaned about ambient lighting it's a very minor thing and definitely not worth getting lathered up about.

As I understand it's supposed to act like a submarine light and make it easier to see out your window in the dark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts