Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to car which I last used last night and found all windows were open!

How could this happen?

Interior soaked.

Bought car from Ford dealer on Christmas Eve; 12 months old 12.000 on the clock. Three weeks later the battery was so flat even roadside assist couldn't jump start it.
They had to swap my battery for one of theirs to get it started, then swap back.
Dealer charged it overnight and so far it's OK.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Te first owner of my car had the same problem with the windows opening and closing by themselves,he took it to the Ford garage a few times and they eventually solved the problem by doing a software update.I hope that helps,good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im sure you have found out by now, but if not i shall enlighten you. The bmax has a total closure alarm, which means that if you press twice quickly with the second press being a little longer, on the unlock button of your key. The windows all close, if you've left them open prior to locking the bmax. The exact opposit can open all of the window. So if inadvertanely, you have pressed your keys after locking the car, it will unlock the car, if you have then pressed the unlock button again, it will open all of your windows.This is then the strange part......... If you don't then open 1 of the doors(why would you because you have unlocked it accidentally) the bmax will then reactivate the auto lock function. But ti wont wind the windows back up. So you are left with the doors all locked, just like you left it. But all the windows are wound down????? What a confused sate you must have been in.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
TheInstructor said:
Im sure you have found out by now, but if not i shall enlighten you. The bmax has a total closure alarm, which means that if you press twice quickly with the second press being a little longer, on the unlock button of your key. The windows all close, if you've left them open prior to locking the bmax. The exact opposit can open all of the window. So if inadvertanely, you have pressed your keys after locking the car, it will unlock the car, if you have then pressed the unlock button again, it will open all of your windows.This is then the strange part......... If you don't then open 1 of the doors(why would you because you have unlocked it accidentally) the bmax will then reactivate the auto lock function. But ti wont wind the windows back up. So you are left with the doors all locked, just like you left it. But all the windows are wound down????? What a confused sate you must have been in.
How weird is that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The first part of the instructions should read, when you press the lock button twice quickly the windows shut...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts