Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of times now, I have gone around a bend in the road at around 35-40mph. An alarm has sounded and the cabin light has come on. An icon flashes up on the display in red but goes off before I can see which one it is. Is this normal or is there something amiss? I've never experienced anything like it before.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions before I take the car in for her courtesy check on Wednesday.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Thanks guys

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I generally give the sliding doors a good clunking slam and there are no "door open" warning lights on. It doesn't do it all the time so the chances are something may be slightly out of alignment. I don't drive like a girl and can take corners a bit faster than I probably should. Thanks for your advice and I'll be mindful of double checking.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
Edited by: princess max

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dan, I think you may be right. I was talking to a neighbour who works at the Ford Dealer and he mentioned that they've had lots of people querying the same problem. He said that it very well be the switch is a fraction out of alignment thus setting off the alarm during cornering. It will be checked out tomorrow when it's in for the courtesy inspection. Thanks for everybody's input.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya.I took the car in for her check and they did need to adjust the door switch. And they said it's possible that all B-Max's may have or develop the problem but it is a small job that takes about half an hour to rectify.

While I was in the showroom I clapped eyes on the new Kuga. OMG what a beauty! I can dream""¦..lol

Thanks again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, I noticed the same problem on my bmax when turning right. Took it to the dealer and adjusted the driver door lock. Problem solved. However, is it only me or you also think that the Ford craftsmanship has gone down? Besides the open driver door alarm issue, I also noticed that the gap of the right rear sliding door was slightly wider than the left. To be exact, 2mm wider. Also the left fender where it meets the bumper (right below the tank door), had also a wide gap, compared to the right side. Anyway all problems taken care by the dealer in one day. I never expected from Ford such issues. Note, that I 've been driving Fords the last 14 years and always been satisfied. The new bmax is assembled in Romania, maybe that is why the low craftsmanship and poor quality checks. By the way, my car was delivered to me on 28/12/12 without user's manual. Still don't have one from the dealer!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re the build quality, my '99 Cougar was streets ahead.. The chrome trim on my passenger rear door doesn't line up with the front v well. But the other side is fine. I love my B-Max but there is no denying its an 'economy class' vehicle and that's reflected in the little things you notice as the months go by.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts