Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have come to the conclusion that the water build up inside the car in the foot wells is in all probability a blocked condensate drain on the air conditioning system. The lower section of the pollen filter is wet and there is water in the central console, below the pollen filter. This water is finding its way into the foot wells. Plus turning the temperture up with air con. on and a significant amount of condensate comes out of the air vents. The air conditioning is on constantly (and is being used on "Low" to stop windows msiting up) so to stop it being used I am going to remove the fuse and then see if the central console remains dry, after I have dried it out. The question I have is, where should I look to find the condensate outlet?. I know, under the car and up front in the engine bay area but exactly where is it? I see the question has been asked before but I could not find a definitive reply. Does anyone have a photograph that they could share?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To help those who have the same issue, the drain point is located under the heat shield just at the point where the exhaust pipe turns to run to the rear of the car. So not accessible without a lot of dismantling. However, I removed the pollen filter and applied a sharp tap in the area of the pollen filter housing (inside the car - no damage done!) resulted in a lot of water being released onto the ground, flowing from behind the heat shield. The problem I had has been solved, now all I need to do is dry the carpets out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cheers for the update, hopefully this will help others who run into the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts