Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All had bmax 2 weeks 2015 auto air con playing up only blowing warm air was fine last week and ideas cheers

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Probably needs a regas. Main dealer will charge twice as much as an indy, so shop around.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too have a 2015 and had trouble with my air conditioning.On the test drive which was the hotest day of the year there was no problem with it but when I bought it there was. It did not come with a manual. Someone on this forum forwarded me a pdf. After reading this I find that the air conditioning is manual. My husband got it working and I went for a 70 mile round trip. It was better but not much. It didn't really kick-in until I'd done 30 odd miles. I read the 'book' again and it says when starting your journey "open the windows". The car is so back-dated. My fault I just imagined all cars are modern.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
On a hot day, a car can become very hot when left standing. So open the windows until the air coming out of the vents is cold. It only takes a couple of minutes. Nothing is immediate.

Just like in the winter, my wife is cold and asks me to turn on the central heating. 5 minutes later, she complains that she is still cold and I have to explain why it takes 30 minutes or so for the house to get warm.

Same in the car on a cold day. "why is the heater not working?". "The engine needs to get warm before the heater works dear".

The car is not backdated. All heating and cooling systems take time.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you suspect your a/c is not working correctly, you should get the dealer/ garage where you bought it from to check it over. You should have a warranty since you've only had it about a month. Correct ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not somewhere I would normally frequent, even though I live right next door to them, but Halfords will do an air/con top up while you wait, as long as they are not too busy. A friend took his Kia in when they came to see us last week... I have no idea what they charge. The usually need a top up every three years or so, especially if you don't use it in the winter, as the seals will dry out and maybe let by.
A lot of people never turn their air/con off.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can someone tell me why, when I put the BMax in reverse, the air-con blows at full speed? even if it is on low when selecting reverse.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cheers for that Hadrian.... And no I'm not hitting the button by mistake and I also know mone isn't the only one to do it. Try it yourself... put the blower on cold(maybe the air can on) low, maybe number 2 or 3, then stick in reverse and see what happens w or 3

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have had two B-Maxes and a Fiesta, they all do it, I have no idea why.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Interesting! I drive a Ford Transit Custom (brand new) at work and the air con is pretty much instant; very cold! The B-Max I have noticed, is cold but not as cold as the Transit. There is clearly a different arrangemet in the Transit to that of B-Max unit. I also notice the blowers are nowhere near as powerful on the B-Max. Indeed, my 2002 Focus blowers were more powerful than my B-Max.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts