Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone may have fitted an Aftermarket Coolant Temperature Gauge to a 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine fitted to the Titanium Ford B-Max. If so I would be grateful for any advise/tips.
The 2012 B-max Titanium I bought earlier this year does not have a coolant gauge at all, not even the Bar-graph type. Having always been used to a Coolant Temperature Gauge, I would like to fit one to this car.
I know I can use the OBDII socket with a display but I prefer not to go down that route and would like a dedicated Coolant gauge so that I can see what is happening.
Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
No coolant gauge ?!
That's odd !
Mine has the bar graph type in the centre of the Dsch speedo and rev counter.
2015 eco boost 1.0L

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No coolant gauge ?!
That's odd !
Mine has the bar graph type in the centre of the Dsch speedo and rev counter.
2015 eco boost 1.0L
Thanks for the reply,

I assure you mine does not have it. Mine is a 62 plate and I have read others that have said the same on both the B-Max and the Fiesta. Apparently some Ford dealers do not Know why they were not fitted on some.

That leaves me still seeking advise about fitting an aftermarket gauge and sensor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They all have them surely ??
Thanks for the reply,

I assure you mine does not have it. Mine is a 62 plate and I have read others that have said the same on both the B-Max and the Fiesta. Apparently some Ford dealers do not Know why they were not fitted on some.

That leaves me still seeking advise about fitting an aftermarket gauge and sensor.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have seen several reports of this, but not seen it myself,
could you please take a pic of the dash while the engine is running to show us the fault.

as for fitting an aftermarket one, you already said you could do it via obd, and that would be the quickest and simplest way to do it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have seen several reports of this, but not seen it myself,
could you please take a pic of the dash while the engine is running to show us the fault.

as for fitting an aftermarket one, you already said you could do it via obd, and that would be the quickest and simplest way to do it.
Thanks for the reply,

As you requested I am attaching a photo, as you can see it does not have the Bar-Graph display.
I believe it may only affect certain versions possibly some 2012 models.

I know I could display the water temperature via the OBDII socket but I prefer not to use that method as a permanent check.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It should look like this ---

Thanks again,

I have seen a similar display on my friends 2016 Ford Fiesta, but I have also read about there being Fiesta's not fitted with that display.
I believe it may only affect certain versions possibly some 2012 models.

I am attaching a photo of my display.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That really is strange !
If i were doing what you plan to do then i would look through youtube, there must be an instructional video on there.
Some manufacturers of aftermarket gauges even make their own video and post it.

Maybe something in here that could help --
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=install+afermarket+coolant+gauge
Thanks again for that Wiggy,

Yes I have looked on Youtube, and advise on there does help. I was hoping for information specific to fitting on a Ford B-Max.

·
Registered
285 Posts
To be honest i would say that all cooling systems are basically the same so any instructions would suffice.
The "easiest" to fit would be the one that uses a new top hose with the sensor fitted into it rather than searching the engine block for a suitable threaded hole to screw a sensor into, as in the 4th video down in the list on youtube.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest i would say that all cooling systems are basically the same so any instructions would suffice.
The "easiest" to fit would be the one that uses a new top hose with the sensor fitted into it rather than searching the engine block for a suitable threaded hole to screw a sensor into, as in the 4th video down in the list on youtube.
Thanks Wiggy,

Yes that is the kind I was thinking of fitting into the Top hose.

I have decided to shelve my plan until maybe the spring time. I have found that none of the round temperature gauges (which nearly all of them are) available in the UK will fit into the space on the centre console where I was intending to install it. There is an oblong one available that will fit into that space, it used to be available on Amazon UK but now is only available from Amazon USA from the Chinese seller, with an expected delivery of maybe next March.

So thanks again for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts